Friday, March 10, 2017

Interim

If you're all still with me, let's take stock.

Sofia, now that I have the monk fields and studies up, could you please pick a field and a study in that field.  I think I've given sufficient detail for you to be able to make a reasoned, educated choice.

Enrico, are you willing to trust this giant rat with your horse and follow him, as he's asked?

The same follows for Kismet and Sofia.  Are you willing to trust the rat?

For the moment, I can't think of any other critical issues.  We can sort this out and then move on from here.

15 comments:

Kismet said...

Oh yeah, I was preparing to jump down with my movement, but wanted to be close enough to Sofia in case she needed help bandaging for the wound.

Alexis Smolensk said...

The rat seems to be more insistent than waiting three rounds for Sofia's wound. "We can bind it in the tunnel," it will way.

Kismet said...

That's fair

No complaints, I'll make sure we have our stuff and head down.
I will wistfully look towards my thrown axes as I do.

Oh well at least I have two spares.

Enrico Guerriero said...

I really don't feel the sense of urgency given that we've kicked the bandits' asses pretty good so far.

"Why run? Let's finish them!" Enrico says.

Kismet said...

Possible.
I would guess we're at 2/3rds fighting strength.

But it may be possible something is happening we don't know about.
I feel like any action they may take to give themselves the edge at this point would break us.

Alexis Smolensk said...

To remind you, the whole village was being searched. If only a single company was involved, that is still at least a hundred soldiers. As you can no longer see the space beyond the immediate cluster of soldiers, you have no idea how many actual soldiers are out there. The number is concealed by the night and the amount of sight you have, but you can clearly hear from the shouting that there are at least fifteen, perhaps as many as thirty.

Moreover, you are in a box. If they stack the roofs with missile weapons, you can retreat into one of the houses, but that will only increase the degree to which you are trapped. And they could set the house on fire and have done with you.

Finally, you haven't seen an officer yet. Given the speed with which the "leader" went down, Enrico can guess accurately that the fellow was not really in charge.

You did get yourself into serious trouble by banging your shield. [my jaw dropped at that]

Sofia Viktorova Koleva said...

Sofia hops into the tunnel, grimacing and holding her wound with one hand while she uses the other to steady her descent.

"Enough blood for one evening brave Enrico, I saw many torches from the rooftop."

Sofia Viktorova Koleva said...

I'm back home from my travels and will look over all of the fields and choose my specialty by Monday. Thanks Alexis.

Enrico Guerriero said...

That was Sofia's idea! :)

Alright. "The better part of valor is discretion." With a sad look at his horse Enrico retreats into the tunnel with the others.

Kismet said...

Enrico. Did you see the part about bringing the horse?

Alexis Smolensk said...

To be clear, the giant rat said the rats would keep the horse safe, not that they would "bring" it.

Okay, Sofia. I'm going to hold off until then, however. I'm still interested in pacing myself.

Alexis Smolensk said...

I'm ready to move forward, I'm just waiting for Sofia to settle the monk question.

Sofia Viktorova Koleva said...

I chose to make Sofia a monk because she was going to be a thief originally until I saw that her rolls qualified her for the former. I felt the party was lacking in a stealth specialist. This hasn't changed and neither have my desires in having one. Sofia chooses Way of the Stone, and the smoke study. Will you be making the appropriate rolls or I?

Alexis Smolensk said...

I'll generate the numbers. You're first level, so you'll only have amateur abilities, for right now, in "Smoke."

Alexis Smolensk said...

I have put up a new post.