Thursday, December 1, 2016

Yuliya Romanyuk Character

This post is for Tim's female human ranger.

Please look at the creation I made for Rowan.  This will follow the same general pattern.  Adjusting for age, Yuliya is -1 wisdom and +1 constitution.  Humans don't adjust for race.  This gives you:

Strength: 16 +1 damage
Intelligence: 14
Wisdom: 14
Constitution: 15 +1 hp/die
Dexterity: 12
Charisma: 13

As a ranger, you start with 2d8 for hit points.  At first level, this is always maximum, so you start with 16 hp. This counts as 2 hit dice, so you add +1 per hit die, giving you 18.  You weigh 188 lbs., so that gives you a d8 for mass hit points.  I rolled maximum, an 8, so adding it all together, your ranger starts with 26 hit points.  You should enjoy that.

 Your maximum encumbrance is 188 lbs.  You do not suffer any movement penalty if you carry 75 lb. or less.

Natural armor class is 10.  Your THAC0 is 20.

You can start looking over the sage abilities on the wiki.  You should pick a field and a specialty, then we'll roll up your knowledge points.

Sorry that there isn't more detail; I will be working continuously on the sage abilities when I am able, to correct that failing.

NEXT:

You should decide on three weapon proficiencies that your character will possess.  Assassins can use any weapon, so pick from this list.

The trust of the community you have is that of your birthplace, Kamut.  If you go there, you can have 4800 g.p. for the asking, to be paid back over 10 years, at 9% interest (and they will come looking for you if you don't).  Remember, while the community adores you, your family (people who really know you) are apathetic towards you.

Your photographic memory will mean that if you can't remember the name of a place or a person, I will supply it for you (and if I forget, then we will make up a name on the spot and cause reality to change to suit).

Your penalty of -1 to hit if you're awoken from a sleep lasts the length of the combat that follows.

9 comments:

Yuliya Romanyuk said...

Looks like I'll be able to catch up quickly with all the beatings I'll be able to take. I will update my blog with this information.
I will take Animal Training as my field and Horseback Riding as my study.

Alexis Smolensk said...

You can find your sage ability knowledge points on the google drive:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1X_mF2lcvJ_VE1CbEktdzlmQmM

Check the original post for an update of what to do next.

Yuliya Romanyuk said...

Super! That all looks great.

I choose the short bow, the hand axe and the horseman's flail as my three weapon proficiencies.

Alexis Smolensk said...

Okay, with your weapons, you're ready for a price list. I'll be providing that tomorrow morning ~ I'm going to wind down for the day, deal with some last issues and rest after 5-5:30 my time (1pm GMT/7pm EST).

Yuliya Romanyuk said...

I will initially purchase the following:
- 1 cowhide backpack (24 s.p.)
- 1 large quiver (10 s.p.)
- 20 arrows (140 s.p. = 8 g.p. & 12 s.p.)
- 1 cotton loin cloth (8 c.p.)
- 1 linen dress (6 s.p.)
- 1 pair high soft sheepskin boots (2 g.p.) - splurging, I know
- 1 belt (3 s.p.)
Total cost: 25 g.p., 1 s.p. and 8 c.p.
Remaining wealth: 4 g.p., 14 s.p. and 4 c.p.

I'll use the remaining money to purchase some food for a few days. The rations seem a bit outside my price range. Could I get some biscuits and cheese and manage with those for a few days?

Yuliya Romanyuk said...

I'm also considering a club, even though I don't have a proficiency for it, just so I have something to fend off unwanted suitors/goblins. I believe my penalty 'to hit' with it would be -2, correct?

Alexis Smolensk said...

What's the weight on that, Yuliya?

Alexis Smolensk said...

Yes, that's correct, minus 2.

Yuliya Romanyuk said...

Including the club, then:
- 1 club (20 s.p.)
Remaining wealth: 3 g.p., 10 s.p., 4 c.p.

Weight of all items (including club): 27.52 lb.