Thursday, March 20, 2014

The Minotaur Rear Chamber

There's not much to describe, as most of this 30' by 30' room is taken up with a large hay pile, a heavy wooden table and two chairs of minotaur size, and a low shallow hole, ten feet wide, filled with sand that appears to have been used as a toilet. There are dried pats that have been rolled in the sand.  The position of the hole correlates with the image on the map that says, 'floor.'

There are four massive books, minotaur sized, each of which would weigh about 45 lbs. with a font size of approximately 18.  Each book is 30 inches by 19, bound with wood and twine, and tied shut both along the spine and along the front, so they don't open without untying.  Each is about 3 inches high.  One is "History of Circassia"; another is, "Father Axus"; a third reads, "Enkidu and the Minotaur"; and the last is written in script that is unrecognizable.

No obvious treasure exists.

More I'll answer in the comments.

129 comments:

Lukas said...

Eyes the size of dinner plates.

"I wonder if we can get them out of here?"

Andrej said...

Andrej, mildly intrigued by the books now that he reads passably, nevertheless ignores them for now. Reviewing the Unterns's map he instead attempts to determine which part of the room is closest to the text description "six hands needed" and approaches that for a closer look. It looks to be somewhere along the far wall from the entryway.

Andrej said...

(OOC: "The Circassians are poor, and their daughters are beautiful, and indeed it is in them they chiefly trade. They furnish with those beauties the seraglio of the Turkish Sultan, of the Persian Sophy, and of all of those who are wealthy enough to purchase and maintain such precious merchandise. These maidens are very honorably and virtuously instructed how to fondle and caress men; are taught dances of a very polite and effeminate kind; and how to heighten by the most voluptuous artifices the pleasures of their disdainful masters for whom they are designed.
– Letter XI, On Inoculation.[1]


It's along the Black Sea, east of Cumana... perhaps we should schedule a detour...

;)

Maximillian Boii said...

Regarding spell gains, I made my selection, going with invisibility to animals, and Goodberry. I really had my hopes up for a third-level spell...

Going off the old doc, at third level I gain the ability to identify plants, animals, and water purity, and the ability to "pass without trace," In addition to the marriage ceremony.

Alexis Smolensk said...

Remember that the marriage ceremony is going to go down the same road for druids that ceremonies went down for cleric; the sage abilities table work is on suspension, but I'll get there.

Maximillian Boii said...

yeah, that's what I figured, I was just listing everything.

OK, I'm finally caught up. Will someone please come with me to take another look down that hole? I'd like to be sure nothing's climbing up out of it...

Andrej said...

Max, if you allow Andrej a few moments more as he puzzles through the "six hands" enigma he'll be happy to join you.

Lukas said...

Lukas will pull open the cover on one of the books and flip through a few of the pages.

"This would be a wonderful addition, how exotic. Such large books."

After a bit of wondering over them, he goes to help Andrej.

Andrej said...

Andrej, predicting then noting his friend's interest in the books remarks, "I've been thinking often of a tower library for the mission, Lukas. With books, of course, and perhaps a telescope for observing the heavens."

Alexis Smolensk said...

Off hand, they seem fairy-tale-esque in format, Lukas.

Lukas said...

"I've been thinking of a library myself. It would also have some good spots for trophies and oddities amongst the books. Of course, I can admit to some rather grand plans based on what we've seen in our travels."

Lukas said...

BTW Alexis, in case you missed it we're looking for the relevance of "6 hands needed" from the map.

Andrej said...

Ditto what Lukas said above, Alexis.

"I would of course rely heavily upon whatever plans you could concoct, my friend, however grand they may be."

Alexis Smolensk said...

The party has not searched nor seen anything that gives the words any meaning.

Andrej said...

Hm. I had originally believed this was some clue to a treasure hoard, but now suspect "hands" is a colloquialism. That is, perhaps, "6 men" are needed to conquer the rooms? We still have two shafts downward and some unopened drawers in the storeroom. I suggest we gather the books up, search the storeroom more thoroughly and return tomorrow to search deeper.

Thoughts?

Lukas said...

Problem is that according to Alexis all the books together weight about 180lbs

Andrej said...

We'd be slowed down, of course, but we should be able to lug them out.

Maximillian Boii said...

I want to look more closely at the stone carving, and at the leather balls.

I read Alexis' statement as indicating that we have not done a thorough search of the room. I'd like to do that, but I'm really concerned about all the bellowing that occurred just moments ago.

Consider me nervously limping back and forth in the first room.

Maximillian Boii said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andrej said...

Alexis, regarding Max's concerns is a more thorough search possible?

Max, refresh my memory... I'm blanking on what the leather balls and the stone carving are and where they were found.

If it makes you feel better you can actively keep an eye out for whatever you suspect may be coming down the hall for us.

Alexis Smolensk said...

It has been about six or seven minutes since the combat, but there is no sound nor sight of anything that might disturb your business.

There are things that have not been searched.

You don't know what the leather balls might be for. You haven't looked at the image yet ... but, it appears to depict four minotaur slave masters whipping hundreds of humans that are only one fifth as tall as humans would normally be in proportion to the minotaurs. There is a sun with bright streamers, held as an orb by a woman with both hands at the level of her chest. The woman is in flowing robes reminiscent of the Greek period.

Alexis Smolensk said...

The woman and the sun are in the upper third of the picture, the minotaurs in the middle and lower half, and the humans (cowering, hands over their heads) at the very bottom. It is about 9 feet high and 8 feet wide, made of solid stone unknown inches thick, and not at all of poor quality. It's weight would be well over a couple of tons.

Andrej said...

Let me clarify, is a more comprehensive search of the rear chamber that correlates to where "six hands needed" is indicate don the map possible?

If so, Andrej conducts such a search.

If not, he conducts such a search on the remainder of the rear chamber while Max is in the front chamber.

If such a search as described above has already been made, Andrej investigates the leather balls in the front chamber.

Alexis Smolensk said...

A search along the wall towards the words on the map reveals nothing. the balls seem to be filled with sawdust, and have a feel in the arms similar to 'medicine balls' that were made for old style wrestling training.

Maximillian Boii said...

Andrej, to give you perspective, the stone engraving was described as being on the right wall of the first room, the balls are 2 feet in diameter, and there are about 10 of them stacked in a corner.

After a minute of my worrying, I relax a bit, and join in investigating the rooms.

I take a sniff at the water pouring from the spout, and if it seems fine, quench my thirst. I sift through the straw bed with my toe, then wander towards the abacus, wondering what they might be calculating. I run my fingers across the figures of the cowering humans as I walk by.

Andrej said...

So these two buff, bull-headed dudes were just hanging out under ground, working out, worshiping a sun goddess, pining for the subjugation of humanity and reading stories about Babylonian heroes and Caucasian nations? What fun!

Andrej uses his copper knife to tear into the balls and relive them of their sawdust in the hopes of finding concealed treasures.

Alexis Smolensk said...

Lukas, at least for the present, has astronomy I think.

The water is fine.

There is no treasure in the sawdust ball Andrej opens.

Alexis Smolensk said...

I was going to say, there seems to be an association between astronomy and the abacus, but you are uncertain.

Alexis Smolensk said...

Oh, Andrej, I should add, judging by the amount of blood in the joining of the two hallways, there must have been two or three more minotaurs than those you killed at some point.

Andrej said...

Andrej,too, has 20 points in astronomy... is this significant to the matter of our current search?

Andrej said...

Yes, I recall the Unterns saying they offed a few minotaurs with their former associates. I was expecting at least some treasure left over from this previous expedition. There is still the storeroom and the two vertical shafts. I suppose were I to dispose of a body I'd just as soon toss it down a deep hole.

Andrej said...

Andrej completes tearing and searching all of the leather balls.

Maximillian Boii said...

Do the doors in the room have locks?

The armoire was just stuck closed, not locked, correct?

In the back room, I look at the sides of the hole, is it the same clay soil?

Maximillian Boii said...

As a matter of fact, I have astronomy as well... Well, Lukas, any idea what they might need to calculate?

I assume the ceiling of both rooms is solid... Are these rooms lit with torches as well?

Ahmet said...

(OOC: Sorry, been in meetings all day.)

Ahmet guards the door.

Lukas said...

(OOC: back from lunch)

Lukas will assess the abacuses relationship to astronomy, then go back to the books and try and determine if any of them seem relevant to the astronomy on the abacus or the sun god artwork. He will read the words from the books out loud for everyone to hear.

The indiscernible writing he will try and compare to anything on hand, and not speak the 'words' within out loud.

Andrej said...

(OOC: The good and the bad of Alexis's game... A Google search on Circassia made sometime around lunch led me eventually to the passage quoted far above about the famed beauty of its women. While I have still been mildly productive in a manner my employer would appreciate, nonetheless the bulk of my time since then has been spent perusing images of Circassian women, reading up on the War of the Caucuses and somehow being led to an online resource of Voltaire's writings, where I have just completed reading a series of his letters. Now, I'm afraid, I must spend the remainder of the workday working. I'll catch up with you guys tomorrow. :) )

Maximillian Boii said...

(OOC: Heh, I've been there Andrej...)

Alexis Smolensk said...

The leather balls have been torn all apart and revealed nothing.

The armoire was stuck, not locked. There are no locks on the doors.

These rooms are lit with three torches each.

It could be that the abacus is simply keeping track of the date somehow. You cannot be definite of that. You can glean no other information from it.

The myths in the books are about minotaurs; minotaurs in love with cows, minotaurs in love with bulls, minotaurs who are given dominion over the earth, etc.

There is a feature in the rear chamber that has been utterly unexamined.

Maximillian Boii said...

That being the bed, I just hadn't got there yet ;)

After looking in the hole, I go and investigate said bed.

Maximillian Boii said...

By bed, I mean hay-pile. You didn't explicitly say it was used as a bed.

Lukas said...

I bet you find a magic needle.
I'll help or we'll never find it.

Andrej said...

While Max checks the hay pile, Andrej searches underneath the chairs and table.

Ahmet said...

Ahmet stays by the door, but he suggests someone look up over where the "six hands needed" area is. Anything up there?

And thanks for the CLW, Andrej!

Andrej said...

You're most welcome, Ahmet.

Ahmet said...

I hate to say it but I think we need to look in the litter box, or more precisely under it.

Andrej said...

Sounds like you're volunteering, Ahmet.

Alexis Smolensk said...

(OOC: Good morning all. I'm here. I'm ready to answer questions. I'll have a hole in my day later, between 2:30/4:30 EST)

Alexis Smolensk said...

Nothing turns up in the hay.

Ahmet said...

Very well. Ahmet waits for someone else to relieve him at the door and then he attempts to go spelunking in the kitty litter.

Actually, while he's over there he first looks up at the upper wall/ceiling at the "six hands" area. Assuming that is fruitless he then goes into the sand.

Andrej said...

Alexis, in case you missed it above Andrej is searching underneath the tables and chairs.

Alexis Smolensk said...

Nothing emerges from a search of the table and chairs.

"... he then goes into the sand." Are you swimming through it, Ahmet?

Andrej said...

Andrej covers the door while Ahmet goes bobbing for minotaur patties.

Ahmet said...

Ahmet steps into the sand and, assuming he doesn't immediately sink to the bottom Princess Bride style (which one of you fine gentlemen would dive in after me?), takes out his pick ax and splits open one of the "dried pats."

Assuming that is what he thinks it is, he then uses the pick to try to "dig" down to the bottom to determine how deep the sand is. It it a few inches? A few feet?

Alexis Smolensk said...

Well, I described the pit as full of sand with dried pats. These are cow patties, so there's no much to hacking one in half. The sand can't be very soft, or else the bull, upon stepping into it, would never get out again.

Thus, the sand isn't deep at all, and Ahmet feels as though he's stepped onto a beach; the pick axe drops straight through the sand and hits something hard, that sends a shock through his elbows ... and produces a hollow sound.

Ahmet said...

Ahmet starts clearing sand to see what he can find underneath.

Andrej said...

Andrej raises an eyebrow.

Eureka!

Lukas said...

Sorry Ahmet, I'm not too keen on the concept of diving into porta-potty quicksand.

Keep in mind quicksand is generally created due to a large body of LIQUID underneath...

That said I'd be happy to toss you a rope. ;)

Maximillian Boii said...

Well, I jump in to help.

Lukas said...

I'll help move the cow litter away from the hole instead of letting it fall back in. Might as well since there's likely no more space to jump in.

Andrej said...

Andrej keeps to his vigil at the doorway.

Maximillian Boii said...

Anyone have a shovel?

Lukas? Anyone?

Lukas said...

I actually don't.
Though mainly that's due to not having a place to PUT the shovel previously. In the future the Vardo will probably have one.

Ahmet said...

Ahmet uses his shield as a shovel. Better that than his helmet...

Andrej said...

For future reference Andrej has a spade or two on his horse.

Alexis Smolensk said...

As there is only five inches of sand, a shield will do. The sand is loose and clears away without much trouble, revealing a hardwood flooring with boards sealed together using pitch. From the urine poured into the wood, the boards are as hard as stone, with metal rivets.

Ahmet steadily clears away a trap door, with a large steel ring that is set into an eye attached to the wood itself, like a ring that hangs as a front door handle. The trap door-pulling ring is about an inch thick, and about 18 inches in diameter.

Andrej said...

Let's pop that baby open, boys!

Ahmet said...

Ahmet hauls up on the ring.

Alexis Smolensk said...

There is a flash of chain lightning and everyone, in the room or no, as the lightning arcs throughout the lair, takes 3d6 damage. Ahmet takes 9, Andrej 11, Lukas 14 and Maximillian 7.


Andrej said...

Aw fuck... sure glad we healed up at least.

Andrej said...

Andrej will tend to Lukas's wounds with his medicine skill and apply one of his own healing salves to the magic user:

3 hp

Ahmet said...

Hmm...

Should Ahmet try opening it again, or do you think that's going to happen every time?

Alexis Smolensk said...

After you're no longer stunned, I presume.

At least there are no 'wounds' from the lightning. It is only damage.

Andrej said...

Yes, once I get over being stunned.

I would bet that it won't happen every time. How much of the trap door did Ahmet lift up? Has it returned to its normal condition?

I'm willing to try again but would understand if those with less hit points wanted to clear out before we do so. They didn't trap this because the area below is filled with cow shit, right?

Alexis Smolensk said...

Ahmet didn't get to lift at all. His hand closed around the ring and ZZZZZOTT!

Lukas said...

Keep in mind the lightning 'echoed throughout the lair'. If we're getting away, that probably means backing off into the ankheg lair at least.

Also, I recommend using your pick to lift the ring next time. And not your hands.

I don't want to die, so if you try this again, I'm getting VERY far away.

How is Bert? I look to his health at this point...

Ahmet said...

Ahmet waits until Lukas and... who is second-lowest in HP, Andrej? Maxmillian?... is back outside in the other room. (I'm back down to 25 HP.) If they choose to go there.

Once they're out, or if they decide not to go, he'll try the ring again.

Ahmet said...

Good idea. When the time comes Ahmet will use his pick.

Lukas said...

Before the next pull, Lukas will proceed to the Ankheg tunnel. On the way he closes each door behind himself.

Alexis Smolensk said...

First time Bert has been mentioned for a long time.

He is nowhere to be seen.

Alexis Smolensk said...

I don't think Maximillian realizes he's taken damage. I'd like to hear from him before we take another move.

Ahmet said...

You're going to go the ankheg tunnel by yourself? Are you nuts?

Lukas said...

Not nuts enough to take 3d6 damage on -1 HP. If I have to go solo to get away from "in the room or no, as the lightning arcs throughout the lair" because I have to leave the lair...

I think the entrance of the ankheg tunnel is safer than perhaps the weed tunnel at this point.

Maximillian Boii said...

I'm down to 6 hp, so I follow Lukas into the first room, trusting the closed door to protect me.

To Lukas, I say "Bert would have reappeared if he was knocked unconscious from the lightning, right?" Not quite trusting that to be true, I feel around the floor where I last saw him, in the corner by the abacus.

Alexis Smolensk said...

Maximillian does not come upon the invisible body of anyone.

Let us suppose that Maximillian and Lukas are given time to at least retreat back to the old storeroom. What does Ahmet and or Andrej do then, exactly?

Lukas said...

I don't know Max.
I don't know where he is.
The last time I looked for him was after the battle.
During he said one hit from a minotaur would kill him. I don't know about that lightning...

Ahmet said...

Ahmet uses his pick ax to hook the iron ring and attempts to lift the trap door.

Alexis Smolensk said...

When Lukas and Maximillian get tired of waiting, they return to the minotaur lair to find their friends Ahmet and Andrej's charred bodies ...

Nah, just kidding. But I am sorry to say that there is another lightning flash, just as before, and Ahmet takes 12 damage, while Andrej takes 7 more.

Ahmet said...

Well surely the third time the same thing can't happen, right? What do you say, Andrej?

Alexis Smolensk said...

(OOC: I'm going to have to skedaddle for awhile, as I said earlier. Hope you guys have a good weekend.

And thanks again, Maximillian, for the other thing)

Andrej said...

Jeeze, what a cock tease. It must be one helluva sweet stash to be protected thusly... or a cruel Pavlovian trick. Is there some kind of key hole or lock on or near the trap door? Andrej leaves his post to search if necessary.


Have a good weekend all.

Alexis Smolensk said...

(OOC: my meeting got cancelled.

Yesterday, someone sent me an email with a comment about what the party was missing; I wonder if someone wants to do that again?)

Maximillian Boii said...

I think it's a good plan, Ahmet.

Cheers Alexis.

I have no idea if it would work, but we could try to start a fire on the door. Either by normal means, or by piling the straw and furniture on top of it, and casting heat metal on the fixtures.

Maximillian Boii said...

Yay!

While we ponder what we're missing, Maybe Lukas and I can try again opening up the armoire. After that, I have other things I wish to do before we leave this place.

Alexis Smolensk said...

After a lot of effort, and noise, you get the armoire open and find it contains nothing.

Maximillian Boii said...

Heh, worth a try.

To the rest of you, I think we can't risk trying anything else on that trapdoor with our health as it is, so I think we need to rest up. Maybe we should rest here, instead of making all these round trips to and from the town. We can barricade the outer door, and have a cozy rest in the inner chamber.

I have a few lbs of groundnuts in my pack, we've plenty of clean water, and I intend to carve some steaks out of this bull. What say you?


Any objections? Alexis, are you OK with me describing how I'd approach this?

Ahmet said...

I'm not sure when Ahmet gets his next NPC but it's definitely going to be a thief.

Lukas said...

Maybe loot from the ankheg thwarts the trap. But testing that is dangerous.... Maybe on a certain date the door can be opened?

James C. said...

Alexis, should I be taking it personally that you seem to not be responding to my posts lately?

I'm also against further experimentation without more hit points and wonder what more can be done without a thief.

Alexis Smolensk said...

James, absolutely not. I have been curt, yes; that's my way of cutting down the overthinking of parties in these situations. The less I say, the less likely a party will play off some word I use and then go to town on a theory that has supposedly been half revealed by me. I've seen it happen many, many times. So I answer as brusquely as I can, meaning, "get on with something else."

I can tell you this. I dearly HATE puzzles. Now and then, for the sake of setting, I have to create one. The minotaurs are absolutely not just going to leave their stuff laying around. They have a high intelligence, and they were recently attacked. There are things going on that you cannot see, because of where you are.

But because I truly HATE puzzles, I try to make them as stupidly simple as I possibly can. And they still, still do not work. The pit, to me, was painfully obvious. So, to me, is the answer to the ring. So obvious, that it is written right on the damn map.

Does that help?

Alexis Smolensk said...

No, Maximillian, I have no problem with you butchering the animal. I expected it. There's about 500 lbs. of beef on the carcass.

Oddbit said...

Well.. Does thing rong look big enough for six hands to grab?

Ahmet said...

Ah... duh. OK.

Still think we should heal up a bit first.

Maximillian Boii said...

hahaha, OK, I'm thinking it may have taken us another full day to figure that much out...

I have decided to take the day off tomorrow (monday), so I'll be out of contact the majority of the day, sorry guys, feel free to proceed or not as you see fit.

About the bull, I intend to cut only about 20 lbs of meat for myself, but if others want to carry some back to town, I'll cut what they want as well. fetching my pack from the old storeroom, I begin to break down the bull. I don't have proper knives or saws, so I intend to limit myself to some easier, external cuts. Namely, I intend to remove the sirloins as roasts, still attached to skin, with a large extra flap of skin to wrap them in. (The muscle that runs up the small of the back on either sides of the spine) I'm guessing on a medieval bull, those would be about 10 lbs each. After cutting them, I hang them to bleed. We can also get good cuts for carrying from the round (~hams) If the party is willing to stay the night, there's plenty for our dinner. We could also get the breast and briskets, but we'll be pretty laden at that.

Andrej said...

Can't believe we didn't piece that one together on Friday. I was a little distracted trying to get work done and out of here for the weekend, but still... six hands, of course. I don't think there's any harm in coming back after some healing, especially since we probbaly want to clear out the books and meat first, right?

I can help carry some meat out... and/ or one of the books. Andrej has about 60 lbs. or so of weight allowance to spare, so cut him 15 lbs. of meat Max and he'll grab a book to haul back to the village.

I'm operating under the assumption that we walked to get here and didn't ride our horses... is this correct?

Alexis Smolensk said...

Yes, you did walk.

I'll take Maximillian up on his suggestion; my Mondays, you'll remember, are bad. I'd like to begin a post tomorrow, and with the appearance of Bert (only one now) in the doorway, explaining that he's just climbed up from drop described on the map as the "meal room."

Andrej said...

I'm taking the above as being that the next post will be tomorrow and will begin with Bert appearing and explaining, so will keep from questioning him until then. Agreed.

(OOC: Alexis, Thanks again for the new practice of checking in at 11 ET to announce what the day's activities will be... it's really helping me manage playing on my end and not feeling like I have to keep checking the blog all day only to see no moves have been made.)



Andrej said...

(OOC: Does anybody else regret leaving Sofia and Enrico behind in Kofunisia?)

Lukas said...

(OOC: I'm more regretting that my spear/shield wielding hoplite dwarf is not engaging all the Greek enemies. Otherwise I'm guessing that's an underling owner's pain.

Also, OMG, I should never type anything on my iPad with a migraine, I don't know how anyone can read what I wrote. I apologize to the world that has to support it's existence.)

Ahmet said...

We still have this key from the Unterns. Any suggestions where I should stick it? ;)

Alexis Smolensk said...

(OOC: I'd like to know the answer to that question regarding Sofia/Enrico, as well as Neklan and the other whose name I cannot recall; for them, it's May, the irrigation will have been completed and the vegetable crops planted; if the party so wishes, they can choose 'on their own' to seek out and join the party in Cumana)

Lukas said...

(OOC: Don't worry, I had to look it up myself. Kismet can't really adventure with the group now can he? Because he conveniently disappears...

I'll be honest, not to be potentially contrariwise, but I'm not too keen on switching from Lukas. I'd be more interested in keeping a consistent flow of 'storytelling' rather than jumping back and forth.

Of course, as a character I feel like it's good to have some trustworthy representation on the island, but we could also assume the island would see that we want to develop it to make it a nicer place to live...

This is one of the reasons I want to build a nice portal room in my tower. To go back and forth between holdings...)

Ahmet said...

(OOC: From a practical standpoint, as we stand here with single digit hit points, sure -- but I'm sure the opposition would have been scaled up appropriately.)

Andrej said...

(OOC: If the Kofunisia contingent seeks out the main party, what becomes of Neklan and Kismet?)

Andrej said...

(OOC: Ahmet, its not so much that I regret their not being around in combat, but rather that I saw breaking them away at the time as a means of managing business on our Greek island while allowing them to level faster as they wouldn't have to take a 1/2 share of experience. We haven't had much cause or desire, it seems, to go back to them so given that I feel as if they would have been just as well kept with the main party.

Lukas, I'm coming around to your contrarian views it seems.)

Alexis Smolensk said...

(OOC: Lukas is getting close to 5th level, and that would solve the Kismet problem. Neklan would be an 'outsider,' just in the area, not actively taking part in adventuring but still a 'friend' to the other henchmen and therefore of use until Maximillian leveled. I've played that before, it works out fine, the extra character just becomes a loose, outside NPC that is, in a fashion, run by Maximillian)

Andrej said...

(OOC: Given that the players in question don't have to bid adieu to Neklan and Kismet should we decide upon re-uniting the party, I vote for it. I would only request that we at least get a post to tie up any loose ends as necessary in Kofunisia.

Lukas said...

(OOC: I wont lie, Kismet isn't my first choice for a lvl 5 minion. I just wanted an opportunity to try out being a fighter and to try out a non-human race that hadn't been done yet. Honestly I was considering another Mage or at least a TALLER fighter that I could hide behind at least.)

Alexis Smolensk said...

(OOC: I'm good with letting Kismet be replaced - but it's a final decision)

Lukas said...

(OOC: I figured as much. Unless you were planning on introducing them sooner, how about I get till the vardoo to think about it.)

Maximillian Boii said...

If we decided to have the underlings join us, I'd have Neklan wander away permanently. If there is more to do there, I'll continue to play him.

Andrej said...

I suppose my vote stays as "for" reunification as neither Neklan nor Kismet are factoring heavily into the feelings of their respective players. Ahmet?

Ahmet said...

I do want to reunify at some point. If we can assume all is running smoothly on the island and they are no longer needed there, might as well make it sooner rather than later.

But I agree with Lukas -- we might as well wait until we get back to camp before we decide, unless the intention is they are coming as our rescue party. In which case, BRING HEALING SALVES.

Andrej said...

(OOC: I believe Alexis implied above that the soonest we'd reasonably see them is in Cumana.)

Alexis Smolensk said...

(OOC: I got snagged by someone just as it was turning 9. Sorry I'm late.

A. I'll post at 12:30 EST. Got this little annoyance to bury.

B. What I think we'll do is once the party takes ship in Amisos, we'll pick up with the other group for a bit to wrap up details there, and ship them off to Cumana)

Alexis Smolensk said...

(OOC: Also, I want to get a regular post up)

Andrej said...

Works for me on all counts. Thanks.

Lukas said...

Lukas will ask Bert about what he saw while climbing up the drop.

He will try and user Bert's words for simplicities sake.

Alexis Smolensk said...

The next post is up.