Tuesday, March 11, 2014

The Mage Gets His - Minotaur, Round 8


The minotaur completely ignores Maximillian; it has suffered already from magic, it was able to identify the magic cast last by Lukas, and it goes for Lukas malevolently.  It's first attack is to club Lukas with its fist, landing a menacing blow for 5 damage.  Then it turns to gore Lukas with a horn, and this it succeeds in doing causing 6 more damage.  The second blow stuns the mage, who is tossed back into the abacus in 0407.  The beast has no more AP, and yet glares at its axe on the ground before it.

The bull does 2 damage to Maximillian as it yawns and turns, before it ends snorting and breathing heavily upon the nape of Ahmet's neck; it does not attack, however, in keeping with the yawn cantrip's effect ... but next round, it is only restrained from attacking with it's mouth; and it has no interest in doing so.

The party can act, with the exception of Lukas.

UPDATE:

Position after the party's move:


23 comments:

Ahmet said...

(OOC: Wow, this is a bad encounter to be drawn as the guy wearing red, huh?) :)

Andrej said...

Andrej moves to 08016 and shouts at the minotaur "I shall ground you into steak!"

Andrej said...

(OOC: I dunno, so far it seems to be worse to be the guy wearing green.)

I wonder where Bert went off to?

Lukas said...

Can I use my once per day overcoming stun?

If so I do, and I would like to pick up the axe and move around the trough as far as possible.

And bite my thumb at the minotaur, but that might result in a horrific biting off of thumb after getting fwacked on the head.

Essentially as I do not know how many AP to pick up the axe my turn would go thusly..
1. Unstun and move to 0507
2. move to 0607
3. Pick up the axe
4. move to 0706
5. move to 0806

This assumes 1AP to pick up the axe.

Lukas said...

If I can pick up the axe from 0507 I do it there... I want to pick it up asap and do movement later.

Andrej said...

Now, I swear that time I not only did not type a "1" in 0806... I even double-checked it!

Lukas, Andrej's intent was to end the round in 0806, perhaps you should try for 0807. Having me between you and the minotaur I think is better than the trough.

Lukas said...

Sounds great Andrej, of course that assumes I can get that far. Yes I will switch 0806 with 0807.

Lukas said...

Summed up my goal is to grab the axe and run like the dickens.

Maximillian Boii said...

What are the minotaurs wearing?

If I saw any metal armor or, say ox shoes then I begin casting heat metal. If I didn't see any, then I will attack the bull.

Ahmet said...

Ahmet really has no choice except to play matador, although I suspect Maximillian wants to Talk With Animals. (We'll find somebody to parley with!) But I doubt he'll listen to us anyway.

Ahmet cuts the bull.

To hit: 18
Damage: 10

Maximillian Boii said...

(ooc: don't worry Ahmet, past experience has led me to believe they're more hard-headed even than you...:)

Andrej said...

(OOC: ole' )

Lukas said...

(OOC: At least you have armor, I get to play rodeo clown without a barrel.)

Alexis Smolensk said...

Lukas, you can use your overcoming stun ability. I accept your move. Take note, however, that while picking up a normal item might be 1 AP, this is a massively huge six foot long axe weighing about twenty-five pounds. I'm rating that as way more move to pick up and go. This leaves you in 0706 by my calculation, dragging the axe. You can heft it, but that will leave you in hex 0607.

Alexis Smolensk said...

There is no armor.

Alexis Smolensk said...

The bull takes damage and isn't stunned.

Getting frightening with that scimitar, Ahmet.

Andrej said...

Lukas, perhaps you should either leave the axe and get behind Andrej or go to 0707 instead. We want to give the minotaur unfettered access to Andrej so that he may consider me a more convenient target.

Maximillian Boii said...

Ok, I attack the bull then.
I think I get +1 for flank attack?

d20+3: 23!
2nd d20: 19

2d4+1:5 (not multiplied)

wow!

Lukas said...

I'm guessing dragging does not result in preventing them from picking up and using the weapon then.

If it does, I am ok with ending up short.

If it does not, I'm going to get hit by an axe most likely and proceed to flee to 0905.

Logic behind this: He's going to be able to hit me regardless of where I move. I'd rather it not be with an axe.

Maximillian Boii said...

Sorry, I didn't specify my movement in that post. I move to 404 to make my attack.

Alexis Smolensk said...

It is too late for Lukas to change his move.

I'll grant a flank attack. Counted as 10 damage, Maximillian. Does not stun the beast.

Alexis Smolensk said...

A map indicating the party's position has been added to the post above.

Alexis Smolensk said...

The next post is up.