Wednesday, March 19, 2014

The Bull Charges Andrej - Minotaur, Round 15.


As the minotaur is again stunned, the bull - snorting and apparently crazed - stamps around the feed trough, ignoring the dancing lights, through 0604, 0504, 0505 and 0606 to slam into Andrej as hard as it can.  As the bull weighs something like 1800 lbs., there's really nothing anyone can do to stop it on its course. Passing Bert, Lukas and Maximillian, it has the potential to do incidental damage ... and it does, to Lukas, causing 2 points from its flank as it turns to charge Andrej.

Because it's a bull, it doesn't need two rounds to charge (they're scary that way), only half its full movement ... and anyone who's seen a bullfight knows how fast this mean things can turn.  Andrej feels a touch of protection against malevolence against the beast, but not enough to be unscathed.  He's hit mid-drift, with one horn, taking 2d6 damage (I hit AC -1 and AC -3, the first knocked away by Bert's magic).  I roll 7, which stuns Andrej (I believe he's at 25 hit points) ... throwing him against the door, for which I'll add another d3 of damage.  Andrej takes 2 more, so 9 altogether (dropping him to 16).

Lukas is considered stunned, as it drops him to -2.  Maximillian has to back into 0404 as the bull goes past.

Maximillian and Andrej can take action.

After the party's attack:


14 comments:

Alexis Smolensk said...

(OOC: The reality is that I'm not going to get up another round of combat today. I'll give feedback for the party's attacks and answer questions, but I've got issues here)

Maximillian Boii said...

I rush after the bull into 504 and attack:

d20+3: 7

Oh well, back to normal.

Ahmet said...

(OOC: How 'bout me, boss?)

Andrej said...

I had Andrej at 31 hit points, but I'll accept the mistake as mine without a protracted search provided I get all that XP between 16 and 43. :)

Andrej stands, stunned.

Lukas said...

Well the only way I could get more XP from this is if I could find a way to do more damage. Getting more and more tempted to get lightning bolt or fireball next level...

Just gotta not get stomped to death by a bull first.

Make way Max I need to get to the corner and hide!

Alexis Smolensk said...

Sorry, was hurrying. That should read, "Maximillian and AHMET can take action."

Alexis Smolensk said...

I'd had Andrej down as taking 18 damage; 43 - 18 = 25. And yes, all that x.p.

Alexis Smolensk said...

The Berts will rush forward and attack the minotaur. They raise their small blades, leap from the ground together and all six strike true, burying six blades into the minotaur's upper thigh.

The artery gives, and blood sprays over the Berts, the bull and Andrej. The minotaur roars, sags backwards against the wall and falls from consciousness.

Andrej said...

Way to go Berts!

Ahmet said...

Ahmet finishes the remaining fifth of the potion (1 AP) and moves to 0406 (2 AP), placing himself between the bull and Andrej.

Ahmet said...

Sorry... 0706.

Andrej said...

Way to go Ahmet!

Ahmet said...

(OOC: My plan is to dangle my red underwear in front of the bull's face and then step aside at the last minute so he crashes into the... oh, hi Andrej!)

Alexis Smolensk said...

Ahmet heals 4 hit points from the last of the potion.

I hope the party doesn't mind that I put up another round. I find myself suddenly waiting for others to finish their work.

The next post is up.