Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Let's Have It, Then - Minotaurs, Round 9


The minotaur advances to 0606 and again swings his fist against Lukas.  He rolls a 12, hitting AC 3, causing 3 damage on a d8.  Lukas has 23 maximum, and took 11 last round; that gives him 12 at this time, and I calculate that 3 is enough to stun him.

The stun causes Lukas to drop the weapon, and fall back into 0707.  The minotaur collects its weapon, but as it has already used its hand attack, it can't swing the axe at Andrej.  It can, however, twist its head and try to gore Andrej with a horn, which it does, advancing into 0706 ... rolling a 16, and causing 6 damage with 2d4.  That's not enough to stun Andrej, who still has 37 hp.

The bull gives both horns to Ahmet, rolling a 17 and a 20 critical ... and - ouch - the second roll is a 20!!!  Third roll is a 3.  Each horn does 1d6, and the critical hits second.  (roll, roll)  That's 5 damage for the first horn ... and 5 x3 damage for the second horn, for a total of 20.  The second horn definitely stuns Ahmet, and that's a wound.  Ahmet falls back into 0703.

The bull swivels around and faces Maximillian.  This move causes the bull's head to thump against Maximillian's thigh, causing 1 incidental damage.

(I like that the image above cuts off Ahmet's name so he's just "Ah -")

Andrej and Maximillian can both take action.

15 comments:

Alexis Smolensk said...

I was late calculating incidental damage, Maximillian; in case you missed it, you did take 1 point.

Andrej said...

Here goes nothing. Andrej swings @ the minotaur:

to hit: 19
dmg: 8

Alexis Smolensk said...

That hits. Doesn't stun.

Ahmet said...

Ouch.

Ah- bleeds.

Lukas said...

Lukas remains stunned. I don't have any magic tricks for that one.

Maximillian Boii said...

Damage noted but not on my sheet yet. I attack the bull again.

D20+1:3

That's more what I expect when hitting a bull with a 4lb piece of wood...

Maximillian Boii said...

(sheet updated - Also fyi, my shillelagh was used up with the last hit.)

Alexis Smolensk said...

Thank you.

Andrej, you are surprised to suddenly find yourself surrounded by six small 18" tall halfling-like humanoids, all looking quite a lot like Bert. All of them seize the chasses on your leg at the same time, and you feel tremendously less vulnerable (protection from malevolence).

All the small Berts run off, then, to distract the bull from killing Ahmet and Maximillian.

Andrej said...

I was hoping Bert would soon make his presence known for good.

Maximillian Boii said...

Also, I'd forgotten about my belaying pin. After my attack, I drop my club, and take a hold of my belaying pin.

Ahmet said...

(OOC: Yay Bert!)

Andrej said...

(OOC: Any chance we get two or three rounds in today?)

Alexis Smolensk said...

(OOC: I am at the mercy of forces beyond my ken. Working on another right now)

Alexis Smolensk said...

There are no changes in the party's position before the next round, so I will forego adding a second image to this post.

Alexis Smolensk said...

The next post is up.