Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Another Minotaur - Round 4

Maximillian will get as far as taking the sword off the wall, but he hasn't had time to slide it anywhere yet. Ahmet removes and slides the axe, but it only gets as far as 0607.  Andrej's exact position is still in dispute (he's giving me five digit numbers for his location, but I think he means to be in 0806.  Lukas has cast his spell.

At that point, the door flings wide open, and there appears an even BIGGER minotaur, with darker red fur and terrific flaring red eyes.  He is carrying a massive sword in one cloven hand.  "MORE HUMANS?" he roars, upon seeing the party.  "WILL THESE VERMIN NEVER DIE?"  The only member of the party who really can't see the minotaur is Maximillian.

There is more room behind the minotaur than is shown,
but for the time being I'd rather not make it unless I have to.

There's no guarantee the party will react well enough to attack first, so I will ask Andrej (his turn) to roll a d6 for initiative.

14 comments:

Andrej said...

You have Andrej's position correct, I meant 0806.

d6: 4

Alexis Smolensk said...

I roll a 3, giving the party initiative. Please do as you will.

Andrej said...

Can Andrej cast a spell while holding his mace and shield?

Alexis Smolensk said...

The shield is fine; it can still be strapped to his arm, while his shield hand is free. But he has to hang up the mace.

Andrej said...

Hm... risky move even if the mace could be held.

Andrej instead stays put to see what the minotaur will do.

Lukas, remember that you have a +1 to hit when it applies.

Ahmet said...

Can this big fellow hit me from two hexes away as the other one could?

Alexis Smolensk said...

The sword is shorter, so no. But you did note that the first one did appear to have a move of six AP. He was fast!

Lukas said...

(OOC: Apologies for the delay. Work work...)

Lukas releases his magic missile at the new Minotaur.

1d4+1: 4 (3+1)

Ahmet said...

Ahmet advances to 0604 and hurls a dagger at the new Minotaur.

To hit: 17
Damage: 3

(OOC: The only way to eat an elephant is one bite at a time...)

Maximillian Boii said...

Sorry, it seems we're all a bit dragged down by work...

I turn to face the new door, but do not move. I don't want to risk tossing the greatsword at the moment, so I'll keep it in my left hand.

Alexis Smolensk said...

Take your time answering, everyone, we're all doing the best we can.

Lukas, do you wish to expend the remainder of your move? Costs only 1 AP to discharge the spell.

Ahmet hits, does damage.

Lukas does damage.

The minotaur is not stunned.

Lukas said...

Since I can't attack I think I'm very happy where I am.

Alexis Smolensk said...

Very happy? Like delirious?

Okay. I'm working on the next post.

Lukas said...

Like above amused and below bliss.