Friday, February 28, 2014

Minotaur Round 1

This is probably the only one of these I'll get going today:

Here's the scene from the party's point of view.  You have intiative.  The orange is the trough, the yellow the bed of hay, the gray line is the stone image and the black and white square the abacus.  The water trough is between the abacus and the image.


Please take whatever action you deem appropriate.  The Minotaur is moving towards the wall to get either the sword or the axe as you gain first attacks.

22 comments:

Lukas said...

I can delay my turn till after my allies right?

I want to move into line of sight and start casting Acid Arrow, but I want to see how spacing pans out.

Andrej said...

Andrej casts hold person.

Alexis Smolensk said...

Remember that you can cast the spell then retain it, without actually discharging the magic, so long as you don't move more than 1 hex per round, Lukas.

Ahmet said...

Can Ahmet (3 AP) get to 0705 this turn, or will entering the bed of hay require expending an extra AP?

And if Ahmet is in 0705, does that mean the minotaur is "engaged" and has to spend extra AP to get away from him?

Lukas said...

I am worried about have to lose 3 turns to get line of sight when I could just lose one to move then cast.

Id rather see where all my companions end up than compete over position.

Given the minotaur seemed to expect someone else, I don't think I want to blow all our 2nd level spells on the first anyway. I'm going to let Andrej cast and throw a dart.

Alexis Smolensk said...

Ahmet,

The hay is not considered a movement penalty, but 0705 is considered to be occupied by the trough, and it can't be entered. You seem to be confusing the orange square in the middle of the room (the trough) with the hay in the corner (yellow haze).

Lukas,

It is your call, obviously. To hit roll for dart, please.

Alexis Smolensk said...

(OOC: let's hear it for the half-assed pic of a minotaur)

Maximillian Boii said...

Other than appearing to have cloven hands, I think it's passable!

Can I move "through" the door, pushing it open?

Ahmet said...

Yup... confused the hay for the trough.

Ahmet goes to 0606.

Lukas said...

Lukas advances to 707 to throw the dart.

d20: 7
d3: 1

Miss I presume.

Maximillian Boii said...

nevermind about the door.

Lukas said...

Oh forgot the part about the minotaur.

It definitely gets the point across, it's recognizable, looks huge, angry and minotaury.

I'd have been tempted to push the horns back and the head a bit more forwards like a craning neck, but this looks more like a human neck. In that case I would have considered trying rounding the back of the head a bit to see how it sets on the shoulders more like a human neck to head connection.

You probably could have gotten away with the same style of arms as on the players (circles under the torso shoulders) Unless he is sitting before rising up and those are legs in which case those legs are decent.

Sorry if it sounds critical, but honestly it's just minor stuff that comes to mind. And you're always saying you're tired of only positive feedback ;)

Alexis Smolensk said...

Maximillian, you can push the door open; it will take 1 AP per two feet you want the door to move. But since you've already changed your mind, give me your move.

That is a miss Lukas. (and good advice. heck, I asked for it, didn't I?)

Maximillian Boii said...

I move to 0607, not using my final action point.

Alexis Smolensk said...

(OOC: Sorry, guys, Mondays are increasingly becoming bad karma for me ... and I've taken what little time I've had to prepare a preview post for the D&D book, which I've been putting up every two weeks and which is important to keep the book in the reader's minds. Today's addition is a good one; I'm just putting it in place now.

I'll find time to move the battle forward a bit later today - I'm very sorry again, I know these battles are tense excitement time. It's cruel to mis-use you good fellows this way)

Alexis Smolensk said...

(OOC: Damn. No I'm not going to get up a post)

Maximillian Boii said...

(OOC: that's life. Take it easy.)

Andrej said...

(OOC: I'll be touch and go today, able to check in periodically but unable to sustain any lengthy, continuous play.)

Alexis Smolensk said...

Okay, catching up. Players can do as much as they can.

Lukas, pointing out that since you're throwing the dart from your position, 0610, it was a six-hex range and that was -2 to hit anyway.

Lukas said...

Um, Alexis, I believe I stated I advanced to 707, I wish I could edit it to say 0707, but there you have it.

For the throw it does not matter, for the movement it might.

Alexis Smolensk said...

Oh, that's right, Lukas did advance. Nevermind.

Alexis Smolensk said...

The next post is up. Finally.