Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Psammodrons Round 6



(A) moves across to 0619, keeping Sofia in its gaze, but not moving towards her.

(D) attacks Carlito, rolling a 14 and hitting AC 5. I really don't know if this hits or not, but the damage is 3 if it does. That ought to be enough to stun Carlito and send him back into 0924. Let me know if it hits.

(F) slashes at Arkemis with a claw; it rolls a natural 20, followed by an 18, but only doing 2 damage (1d4 = 1 x2). Arkemis, miracle of miracles, isn't stunned. It only costs (F) two AP to attack, so the rest of its movement will depend on whether or not it can move into Carlito's hex and regain its quarterstaff.

(B) moves forward and, with a glance and a growl at the dead creature, attacks Kismet, rolling a 7 and missing.

(C) attacks Enrico, rolling a 6. That's a miss, too.

(E) attacks the Figure, which has the same AC as Neklan. It rolls a 12, that hits AC 7, but again, I don't know if that hits. Please let me know. Neklan's AC should be 10 minus the dex bonus, but I can't remember what the dex bonus is.

Meanwhile, (H) is rushing at Kismet, and apparently towards the sinkhole. It will have to make a wisdom check to determine whether it sees the sinkhole or not; a success would mean it needs to avoid the sink hole and the six hexes around it, or slide in, or else make a saving throw against feeling as though it is drowning. I'll have to look up to see what the duration of the sinkhole is (and this has been so disjointed, I'm not sure if its been up 1 round or 2).


The problem is, Neklan's name links to Maximillian, and NOT to Neklan. I have no idea where Neklan's character is on line. Enrico's name links to a Google plus page, that says nothing is shared with me, so I have no idea what his stats are, either.

Can we please post links for the DM?

Meanwhile, please take action.

(actions made in comments)

Following the party's move:


25 comments:

Alexis Smolensk said...

Ah, no worries, the spell lasts 50 rounds.

The save is not to see if it believes the sink hole, but merely to see if it "slides in" ...

The actual effect of the sinkhole, should the creature slide in, will not be to keep it trapped for the duration of the spell ... obviously, it would be impossible to have a rule written for EVERY kind of possible feature, so presume this one would keep the creature trapped for 1-4 rounds per level, until it (not really understanding how, because for the creature it is real) pulls itself "out."

Neklan Krasna said...

My AC is 7.

(OOC: I can't figure out blogger. There should be a link to neklans page at the top, but about 1/3rd of the time it's not there. Usually clicking on the title a couple of times is enough to get it to show up. I'll post the link in a moment.)

Neklan Krasna said...

Nkelan's pahe

Kismet Korkmaz said...

Kismet grins with confidence then takes a swing at B with a laugh.

d20: 21 (19 +2)
2d4: 8 (4 +4)

Should I become freed up to do so without consequence I would love to move up two hexes to 1125 with my last two AP.

Sofia Koleva said...

As things have been disjointed, I just wanted to confirm that Sofia dd 3 damage to A last round.

Sofia draws her fourth and final dagger (1AP) and flings it at A (1AP), then steps back to hex 0714 (1AP):

d20: 13
d4: 2

Ahmet said...

Enrico's information is on my page. I'll create a new blog for Enrico when I get home.

Enrico Guerriero said...

(Carlito's information is there, too)

Carlito is wearing Scale Mail with Shield, so I think AC 3?

Alexis Smolensk said...

Scale mail with shield is AC 5 ... so that is a hit. Carlito takes 5 damage and is stunned.

The figure takes 6 damage from the quarterstaff; it has half of Neklan's hit points, so that probably destroys it (let me know, please). If it does, it disappears; the creature fails its save and is stunned next round in amazement (as per the spell).

XP for the figure being hit accrues as a bonus for the party, but not directly attributable to Neklan.

The 3 damage Sofia did was noted; it did not stun.

Kismet hits and (B) is stunned.

(A) flips aside Sofia's last dagger and it does no damage.

I can't update the page just now. I think that's everything except for Neklan's loaded sling and Enrico's attack.

I'll update the page when I get some time, which won't be for a couple hours.



Enrico Guerriero said...

Enrico slashes at C with his broadsword.

To hit: 16
Damage: 6

Enrico Guerriero said...

Ah, crap. I forgot that Enrico a) has a saber, not a broadsword and b) has a +1 horseman's flail. Oops.

But all this time I've been talking about him with his sword, so let's say he attacked with the saber. We'll save the flail for later.

To hit stays the same, but damage is 1D8 (+1 for Strength) for 5.

Neklan Krasna said...

I fired my sling last round, so I think I'm loading it this round. (I'll double check.)
Yes, 6 damage destroys the figure.

Alexis Smolensk said...

Thanks Neklan. Yes, Enrico, that hits.

Alexis Smolensk said...

Both (B) and (C) stagger back, both stunned.

Kismet, as you step into 1125, that is next to the sink-hole; you have a chance of believing it as much as anyone else ... I'll need a d20 save from you (+4 modifier).

Alexis Smolensk said...

Enrico has 2 AP left over.

Kismet Korkmaz said...

D20: 13 (9 +4)

Alexis Smolensk said...

For a first level fighter, that fails. For you, the sinkhole is real.

I will need a d20 rolled against your dexterity.

Kismet Korkmaz said...

D20: 20 (Dex 13)

I get the feeling this is a BAD thing...

Sofia Koleva said...

(OOC: Uh-oh, there goes the most effective fighter so far. Time to shine, Enrico. Having more than one fighter in the party sure is nice.)

Enrico Guerriero said...

I believe Enrico has 3 AP (17 STR, plate & shield), so after attacking he only has 1 left.

Just confirming: E is still in 1030, C is now stunned in 1127, and B is now stunned in 1228?

Alexis Smolensk said...

(OOC: I can't keep up)

Enrico, I have updated everyone's position except the last action you're entitled to.

Alexis Smolensk said...

On the post itself.

Enrico Guerriero said...

Ah, got it. Thanks! Enrico advances to 0929.

Alexis Smolensk said...

Yes, that is VERY, VERY bad, Kismet. You're caught in the sinkhole, and you're now struggling to get out of it. It will require 1d4 rounds for you to free yourself ... but of course, Neklan can dispel the feature at will, since it is his spell.

But that will have to happen AFTER the enemy move.

Alexis Smolensk said...

I'll skip updating the map on this post, Enrico. You'll see yourself in 0929 with the next post, up in a few minutes.

Alexis Smolensk said...

The next post is up.