Thursday, October 10, 2013

Psammodrons Round 13 - No, We're Not Done

The creatures roll a 10 for morale, grow aggressive once again and choose to return to the fight. I should point out that when they broke in the first place, it wasn't because they were actually 'losing' the fight; the dice determined a discrete retreat was in order. It would not have been terrified flight.



(E) turns around and rushes at Kismet, involving him in melee but not attacking.

(F) looks at Sofia, then at (H), and rushes to 0826.

(H) turns, signals at both the remaining creatures and rushes to 1227, grabbing the quarterstaff there.


The party's move.

Arkemis can't lift Enrico's body and carry it without stripping it first, so the Greek turns, lifts sword and steps to 0727.

Neklan, the minimum distance on your sling is 3 hexes. You may fire at (H) from your present position, but to fire at either (F) or (E) you must retreat one hex minimum (2 hexes maximum) away. You cannot retreat into a hex with an ally in it and still fire your sling.

Carlito may fire from his present position (+1 to hit), but he is likely to back up to 0729 or even 0730 to do so, even though this would avoid the point-blank to hit bonus. Roll Carlito's morale to stand fast (I believe his morale is 9, which must be equalled or beaten on 2d6).

Kismet may swing.

Sofia may take another action.

22 comments:

Neklan Krasna said...

I let fly at H.

I previously rolled a 4 for that, which I will stand by at your discretion.

Sofia Koleva said...

Sofia moves to 0426 and hurls a dagger @ F:

to hit: 20
another to hit: 1

dmg: 8 = 2(4)

Kismet Korkmaz said...

Kismet takes a swing at his adjacent target.

D20: 17 (15 +2)
2d4: 11 (6 +4)

Should that bring the target down, he moves to 1127 to prevent forwards movement by the other fellow... hopefully.

Should that not bring the target down, he feints towards 1028 in an attempt to draw the opponent away from allies.

Kismet Korkmaz said...

Actually I'd like to undo that feint portion, I just realized that draws them closer to Neklan.

Sofia Koleva said...

The above stated action assumed that Sofia found a dagger to throw... I realize now it was never explicitly stated that she did. Lacking a dagger she'd have to toss a throwing knife and move one less space. Let me know if I need to re-state. re-roll Alexis.

Please, god, don't make me re-roll...

;)

Alexis Smolensk said...

Neklan, please read the instruction in the post.

Alexis Smolensk said...

I don't need a new 20 roll, but I believe a throwing knife does different damage, Sofia?

Also, Neklan, your earlier roll in the last post does not count. You must roll again to hit.

Alexis Smolensk said...

Withholding results of blows at this time, waiting for Carlito and Neklan to fire. Neklan at (H) and Carlito at (E).

Neklan Krasna said...

OK.
To Hit: 10

Alexis Smolensk said...

Thank-you, that misses.

Neklan Krasna said...

After firing, I move over Enrico, and look for a weapon in the vicinity. His saber should still be there, but I prefer a dagger.

Alexis Smolensk said...

Once I get Sofia's new damage result (d3 x 2? or was it d2 x2?), if I don't hear from Enrico I'll roll Carlito and continue.

Alexis Smolensk said...

Oh, wait. (F) has 2 hit points. That kills him.

So I'll add that Kismet's blow kills (E).

Carlito blows his morale, falls back two hexes to 0730 (he rolled a 3) and changes his target to (H).

Sofia Koleva said...

2(d3): 2

:(

six point swing. that hurts.

Alexis Smolensk said...

He hits with a 17, does 2 damage ... which does not kill.

We can perhaps do this without another map.

(H) moves to 1028, attacks Kismet. It rolls a 6, missing.

Can we please, for the moment, ONLY have Kismet attack.

Sofia Koleva said...

Yay!

Phew

Alexis Smolensk said...

My apologies, I missed Kismets move to 1127. We'll say (H) attacks from 1227 and misses.

Enrico Guerriero said...

Sorry, back. I have meetings most of the afternoon so please don't wait for me. (Carlito is an NPC anyway.)

No dagger to be found on Enrico's body -- he has a horseman's flail +1, two hand axes, a short bow with 20 arrows, and a saber (treated as a scimitar for game purposes).

Kismet Korkmaz said...

Thank you Alexis,

Kismet swings back with his broadsword in an attempt to return some earlier punishment Kismet received earlier.... I think from this one in particular.

D20: 15 (13+2)
2d4: 12 (8+4)

Hopefully that hits...

Alexis Smolensk said...

That's it, the thing is dead.

Sofia Koleva said...

Is that everybody?

Alexis Smolensk said...

It's over.

The next post is up.