Thursday, September 19, 2013

Psammodons

Upgraded to 300 dpi

Big map, but I wanted to give the full size of it at the beginning.  You can just see the small man in the center, on top of the lighter gray slab.  A group of creatures emerges from hidden positions behind the undergrowth (the green patches show where the undergrowth is thickets, but there are trees scattered between the green).  The large tree is shown behind the man ... that's not a bush.  I'm somewhat limited at present by the speed of the program I'm working with.

There are eight of them altogether, and they appear to have intended to lie in wait for the party.  Right now they rush forth, still moving at normal speed.  They're not at all armored, but of course their tan-brown leather skins may be protective; they are all carrying quarterstaves; They appear to have large, reptilian heads, emerging from shoulders in a snake-like fashion, and would appear to weigh between 250 and 300 pounds.  They're about 6 and a half feet in height.

I'll rule there's no surprise, since the party did suspect a trap, and I'll also rule that initiative going forward can be for the party.  So please take action as you will.  Directly behind you, not shown on the map, is the shallow pond you've just come across to get to this point (it's not a barrier, it only gets your feet wet again).  The boat is on the other side of that ... and you have time to reach it if you run now.

24 comments:

Alexis Smolensk said...

I see the picture is too low a resolution. Upgrading now.

Alexis Smolensk said...

There's obviously something wrong with the new program. For the record, Publisher 2010 SUCKS.

Neklan Krasna said...

Oh shit, too late for stealth now. I cast the usual (Phantasmal figure), moving one step straight back so that I'm beside Arkemis.

Neklan Krasna said...

(ooc: but it has all the marketing buzwords, and will run on your tablet.)

Alexis Smolensk said...

(OOC: yes, with the rushing speed of a slug on vertical glass)

Neklan Krasna said...

(OOC: Sofia mentioned that her movement rate is six. I thought your base mevemnet rate was 5, do you give bonus for high dex or is that a monk thing?)

Alexis Smolensk said...

That is a monk thing.

Kismet Korkmaz said...

Kismet will move in front of Neklan to protect him (I think the hex Im in is good, but just to be sure... ) And wait with his throwing axe in his right hand prepared for use and his pike in his left hand.

Enrico Guerriero said...

Enrico loads his bow and instructs Carlito to do the same. I make it medium range for our short bows.

Alexis Smolensk said...

I'm giving Sofia time.

Neklan Krasna said...

Fyi, I'm not committed to standing and fighting. The figure can just as well cover our retreat as support our attack. If they move 8 next round, they'll still be a full round away, and we can yet slow them

Neklan Krasna said...

That said, in my estimation we stand a chance, if only because I count on kismet to take three of them ;)

Enrico Guerriero said...

That leaves only five for the rest of us. No fair!

Neklan Krasna said...

You forgot the two hiding in the bushes ;)

Kismet Korkmaz said...

Shhhh, you'll frighten them off.

Of coarse, it was talk like this that happened right before we were ransomed off in the mountains, so I will of coarse announce my hesistation at the superior numbers being level 1.

James C. said...

(OOC: Sorry guys, the day has been a busy one.)

We see 1/4 staves only, no bows or javelins or anything?

Also, where is Arkemis?

James C. said...

(OOC: Sorry guys, the day has been a busy one.)

We see 1/4 staves only, no bows or javelins or anything?

Also, where is Arkemis?

Neklan Krasna said...

I _thought that was Arkemis at the back of our group.

Kismet Korkmaz said...

Oh you know that guy, always running off and disappearing.

Enrico Guerriero said...

Alas, I'll be gone the rest of the day. Sorry guys.

Kismet Korkmaz said...

(OOC: Well as a heads up, Wednesday to Sunday I'll be off doing this
http://wastelandweekend.com/
in the Mojave desert. We'll see how I am on Monday, may be deliriously dehydrated.)

Alexis Smolensk said...

Arkemis is in hex 0231.

Sofia, can you take an action? Then I'll put up a new post and call it for the day on account of Enrico (no worries there, friend; Sept/Oct is always a goofy time).

Sofia Koleva said...

Sofia moves to 0626 and draws a dagger.

(OOC: Early indications are next week will be much better for me play-wise. Have fun in the desert Kismet)

Alexis Smolensk said...

The next post is up.