Monday, August 12, 2013

Coming Ashore on Greater Koufonisia

It is still morning, and the weather continues to be unchanged ... clear skies, cool temperatures, moderate breeze. Altogether fairly pleasant, particularly as you are still not that far from many slashing cold days at sea in the Adriatic. It's almost as if you can smell Spring.

As you land aboard the island, with a few crewmembers - four you don't know well, Evard, Henning, Roald and Vilfred - who have been told to find fresh water for the boat and to report back. The Captain is seeing to it that the boat is secured in the harbour, and that the main balance of her crew is attending to the damage in the Petrel's side that has now been shown to be leaking. There's some five inches of water in the sub-hold, and that will need some attention. Therefore these four can be let off; Henning and Roald are sail-trimmers and mostly handle the ropes, Evard is the storebin's overseer and Vilfred is typically one of the two men in the crow's nest. Of them all, you know Evard best, since he is often around the horses.

The balance of the boat is filled with Detweiller and four of his men (Matthais, Marco, Gabriel and Konstantin). He will not take no for an answer, and assures the party that his purpose is to be on hand to ensure there's no trouble with the townspeople or the crew on the island. "I won't have you killed in a brawl," he says to Andrej. "So we will have a presence ashore."

The Magistrate Poppazoukalou has managed to return before the party, and now he greets the longboat as it makes its way upon the stony beach. There is no dock, no services of any kind that you can see; only a great deal of dusty rock, a few very white houses and a patch of greenery two hundred yards up the one low hill that's visible. The island is to the right is flat and stretches three quarters of a mile in sight, while the island on the right is a low ridge (showing a flat cliff of layered rock) pushing out into the sea, about fifty feet in height.

Poppazoukalou is sweating and mopping his brow as the party beaches.

101 comments:

Lukas said...

"Most esteemed Magistrate! It is good to officially meet you at last. Were we told you were here before our arrival we would have invested in a proper gift of greeting. However, here I have the closest thing."

Reaching into a bag (one of many he owns now) he pulls out a bottle of mavasia. (I did stock up on these for a reason.)

"Allow me to formally introduce myself and my companions. I am Lukas Meyer, this is Andrej and here is Ahmet-oglu Ahmet."

(I assume I have had full introduction to Ahmet, and am intentionally leaving out Father in a place of a different religion)

"We are, as fortune would have it, the rightful rent collectors of this island, and have come to survey the region. However, in light of your presence I think it would be most ideal to converse with the current magistrate first! As obviously you will be much more knowledgeable of the locals region than anyone else."

Lukas said...

Sorry Andrej, I was refreshing before I posted to avoid that exact thing. I hope I had achieved your approximate goal.

Andrej said...

Andrej is wearing his cassock and cross, so confused somewhat about the omission of his full name, but willing to let Lukas proceed.

Sofia hangs back, asking the boat crew how long it will be ashore.

Andrej said...

No worries, Lukas. You've got the conn my friend.

Lukas said...

Lukas is of coarse wearing his nicest clothes at this point btw. Not enough for a CONFLICT! bonus, but enough that he doesn't look like he's wearing bedclothes.

I also think he has a cantrip he can use for cleaning up his hair and outfit.

Lukas said...

Does Andrej have a last name? If so I would have used it.

Andrej said...

I meant the Father part. I wasn't sure why Lukas chose not to identify Andrej as a priest since Andrej isn't acting at all to conceal it, but its not important.

Lukas said...

I'm playing it down... If it's enough to "get you killed" it's worth not emphasizing at this point...

(OOC: By get you killed I mean get you killed and half the citizenry)

Alexis Smolensk said...

Poppazoukalou looks at the soldiers behind you (in full armor), and at the four sailors who completely ignore the scene and start off on their own. Poppazoukalou asks about them and let's presume gets an answer. He does not take the mavasia.

"What do you intend to do, then? With the island?"

Lukas said...

"Magistrate, I think most of that depends on our conversation and the state of the island. That said, we have business elsewhere and will not be here for longer than it takes to assess the situation and perhaps arrange for and necessary business that arises."

Lukas looks around, "I suppose you would have an attendant to take this then?"

Lukas said...

Oh and the answers should you like them...

"The men who left are sailors of the fine crew that brought us on our journey here. The soldiers protect Andrej's interests elsewhere and will escort him to that destination safely."

Ahmet said...

Ahmet leaves the talking to his companions and keeps out a wary eye for potential sources of trouble... including Detweiller and his men.

Alexis Smolensk said...

"No," says Poppazoukalou; "I will take that." He accepts the wine. "Wel ... welcome. The island is at your ... um ... availability. Or whatever you require. What do you wish for first?"

Andrej said...

"Perhaps a tour?" Andrej pipes up.

Lukas said...

"Yes a tour! and perhaps my companions have some other interests, but I for one would be most obliged should you take the time to tell me about the island, it's inhabitants and the local infrastructure. Also, as it has been a long trip aboard a swaying and less than comfortable ship..." Lukas looks around to see if any sailors are nearby to apologize to, "I think some comforts of shore might be nice after the tour. Such as a stable chair and table. I think our sailor friends are also looking for fresh water if you know someone who can help direct them quickly."

Alexis Smolensk said...

"Yes, uh ... yes," Poppazoukalou stutters. "Let us go to Stamboulous' cafe. It will bring us out of the sun and allow us to talk."

He starts off in the direction of the buildings, then stops. "Forgive me, Sirs. I would like to explain about the Ottoman boat. Strictly speaking, I understand that it is not permitted to put in here, but ... we so rarely see any ship of Venice, and those that come here anyway are only vessels seeking fresh water and victuals. I hope this is understandable."

Lukas said...

"Perhaps we will see if that will change Magistrate. I know we would all like Venetian ships to visit more often. One of our possible thoughts is a proper dock for ships. But that is dependent on many things. Tell me about the island, perhaps we may be able to help with things."

Andrej said...

Andrej smiles at Poppazoukalou reassuringly in hopes of further conveying to the magistrate that the matter with the Ottoman boat is indeed behind us. "Yes, we would hear what services the island may already provide or be willing to provide to future ships putting in."

Alexis Smolensk said...

Let us assume you go with Poppazoukalou up to the cafe; it is about the size of four horse stalls altogether, and has only one wall against which the open kitchen is evident, including stone brazier, water barrel, fish stock barrel and counter for cutting food. Turkish coffee is cooking in a pot over the brazier.

Stamboulous is in his fifties, filthy, stroking the knife back and forth across his apron, but willing to serve you free food - goat meat and roasted olives - once Poppazoukalou explains who you are. No, your money is not good here.

He sets down to talk to you, and tells you the more obvious things:

Using the latest generation system, it appears that Koufonisia has no special development above natural food sources except scrub farming. The map from last week shows that there's a natural spring, that there are three areas of fishing (one on each side of the triangular island) with the southeast shore being the best. The scrub farming happens mostly on the hill above you, and produces the equivalent of food.

There are actually 102 persons on the island, less than Venice predicted. The government here has been trying to have their taxes reassessed for some time, without any success.

I'm afraid the DM can't remember how much back rent it owes you (was it 19 months? Or is that what you got in Venice).

Koufonisia has no control over the other islands, Karos, Lesser Koufonisia, Iraklia or Skhoinousa ... though sometimes the fishermen in their boats will venture out to Lesser Koufonisia or to the Koufonisia Point off south Naxos.

The principle shipping lane in the area is east of Koufonisia, for ships intending to round the north end of Naxos, or bound for Andros and Euboea.

There are 10 extended families on the island, and within that restriction everyone is related to one of those. There are of course the Poppazoukalou and the Stamboulous, who are 'farmers' along with the Kostopoulos and the Castellanos. The other families are all fishermen, the Goga, Herod, Loris, Malas, Rodi and Rosso families.

Lukas said...

I would like to meet each of the families and do an accounting to verify the taxes are incorrect and correct as necessary.

I would like to talk to the fishermen about their thoughts on a proper docks and where would be a good spot.

I would like to assess if we can improve any local resources.

I would finally like to see what kind of improvements would allow the captain to operate here, and see if she'll be willing to not ply her trade against Venetian ships and how we can support that being 'official'.

Andrej said...

Aside from the lack of control, is there anything of note upon Karos, Lesser Koufonisia, Iraklia or Skhoinousa not indicated on the maps? What of those locales that are indicated (lighthouse and rookeries for instance).

How are relations with the Ottoman?

Any other troubles?

As for back taxes, we collected several months worth in Venice, but I'm uncertain how many months worth. I'd like to arrange taxes to be collected here locally and sent or gather by us annually, should Lukas and Ahmet be amenable to that. We should perhaps consider dumping tax money right back into the island as development.

Andrej said...

Update on back taxes:

"A banker meets you. He looks over your paper, he examines his records (which must be fetched) and determines that your back rent amounts to 19 months, from 157 residents of the island of Greater Koufonisia. He offers you a page to sign, if you want to obtain the coin: 2,296 silver pieces..."

Alexis Smolensk said...

Taxes are supposed to be 111 c.p. per citizen ... less than what has been collected, then, because the former population was reckoned at 157.

Imaginably, the fresh water could be used to irrigate crops on the north side of the island, if a proper aqueduct were built of clay pipes. A fishing dock would enable the use of larger boats, which could then exploit deeper water; at the moment, most of the fishing is being done very close to shore. There are no herds at all on the island, as there is little if any forage, so if that could be solved, that would increase available food also ... then possibly barns for cattle and stables for keeping donkeys that would enable more widespread management of the whole island might be useful.

The resources of Karos and the other islands might give access to more goods, if good boats could travel there from a dock; all these other islands have too little soil for any proper settlement.

Alexis Smolensk said...

The lighthouse is in another environ; the rookery is evidence of food supply, but Koufonisia has no proper access to it. What is on those islands would need to be explored or surveyed. No one of note has been there in a generation ... and those who have dared have either heard things that frightened them or not returned ... which could be as much trying to reach those islands on boats that are little better than skiffs than anything else.

Andrej said...

Whatever else we may endeavor to do, a larger dock seems to be our first priority, no?

Alexis Smolensk said...

Relations with the Ottoman; they; largely ignore Koufonisia and Koufonisia largely ignores them. Occasionally a ship comes by for water.

Now I remember about taxes. Your back taxes would equal the difference between when you left Venice and now ... the banker there assessed your taxes up to the first of January. So you would be able to collect for February and in a few days, March.

Alexis Smolensk said...

No other troubles.

Alexis Smolensk said...

Poppazoukalou is concerned that if steps were taken to build a proper dock, the Ottomans would get interested and seek to seize the island.

Alexis Smolensk said...

(OOC: I would like to know if anyone went and looked at the hex generation update)

Andrej said...

(OOC: I did, and while I get the gist probably need the pending video to better understand the details or quieter environs to consider it more closely. Often with your posts there are 2nd, 3rd and 4th readings. I like the idea of a humanoid-specific food source. In my games I tend to have caves dedicated to the growing of mushrooms and subterranean grubs to provide my gobin-types food sources. I've never tried doing anything like what you're attempting, though, just sought for a bit of surface veneer to satisfy the needs of verisimilitude.)

Andrej said...

The magistrate raises a good point regarding capturing the attention of the Turks. We should definitely take it into account.

How open are the other party members and the DM to having some few henchman left behind to see to some surveying and exploration while the main party continues on? I'd be looking to leave Sophia here in such an instance. It would split the party, further tax the DM and possibly slow down the main campaign. Thoughts?

Alexis Smolensk said...

I'm completely open to leaving henchmen behind. I'll even go so far as saying that if you leave Enrico and Sofia here, I could allow Maximillian and Lukas to roll additional characters who could run with E & S, but not with their main characters. I could play whatever party the players chose for that week.

Andrej said...

I'm sure that's a tempting offer for Lukas and Max, though Max may be more inclined to focus on his primary character. How would these two new differ from our henchfolk? Seperate from the main characters, would Sofia and Enrico begin earning normal XP awards? Gentlemen?

Alexis Smolensk said...

If the main characters do not participate in a given combat, your henchmen are rated as a full participant.

The other two rolled by the players Alex (Maximillian) and Oddbit (Lukas) would be full players if the druid and mage weren't present. If they were, Alex and Oddbit would choose which group "wandered away" or were generally treated as NPCs.

Lukas said...

I would not be opposed to that decision should it be the one we arrive at.

As for the docks, they need to be built. We need to find out if we want the assistance of Venice (or whoever the actual titled person in charge of this land is) or if we want to arrange for protection ourselves. This probably will entail an appropriate defensive tower or other emplacement put on the shore and staffed by appropriate guardians.

I agree with the ideas from Alexis on development in this order.

Defenses/Harbor, Irrigation, Forage, Larger animals.

I suppose we could try and figure out constructing the other things first having difficult means to get materials without a dock...

Lukas said...

(OOC: As for the post, it makes me want to forge out into the wilderness and take some people with me. But now is not the time.)

Lukas said...

(OOC: Oh and BTW, I love the idea of making another character in your system, but I also see the issue that I'm going to have a hench in less than 9k xp.)

James C. said...

Short of a decision on whether to split the party or not and hearing from Ahmet and Max, is there anything further we need from the magistrate for now?

I have one more question... how and by whom are taxes collected?

Alexis Smolensk said...

Taxes are collected out of the export of fish and vegetables that is made to Naxos, transported in barrels. No one on the island, of course, can afford a barrel, so the island's single merchant owns a single ship with barrels which are filled; when these are then dumped in Hora, on Naxos, a cut is taken out by the exchequer there and eventually transferred to Venice.

Incidentally, there is no grain production on the island. Vegetables produced are typically fennel, eggplant and celery.

Alexis Smolensk said...

Oh, and onions. Always onions.

Andrej said...

Hmm... so that last bit begs the question: from where did the 12 tons of grain sent to Mikonos then come? Was the ship only stopping here for fresh water?

As for tax revenue, it looks like we need to make arrangements in Hora.

Ahmet said...

I'm good with splitting the party.

I'm sure we missed something with that Ottoman ship. Remember, the hold was not nearly full. Seems if you're on a mission of mercy, you would bring as much as you can possibly hold.

Andrej said...

So, Oddbit and Alex should decide if they want to roll additional characters and if so manage that with Alexis. Meanwhile, the party can go about doing whatever else we desire.

Should we split the party those remaining here would need to get access to a boat, perhaps hiring one of the more adventurous locals as a guide.

Alexis Smolensk said...

The ship WAS only stopping for fresh water. Poppazoukalou said so. The grain, the Magistrate explains, was gathered from other islands along the coast of Anatolia.

Alexis Smolensk said...

This is February; according to the Magistrate, the ship wasn't full because realistically, everywhere in a medieval culture is slowly starving their way through the early spring, until the first shoots of plants begin to appear. I actually mentioned this to Andrej way, way back when the main blog was the campaign, when Andrej and Delfig started running in Dachau. But, can't expect people to remember. LOL.

Alexis Smolensk said...

Lukas said he wanted to meet all the families, and the pater familias of all those can be called together in the next day or so - some are already here. Those were they arguing on the spit earlier this morning.

(OOC: I'll have to be AWOL a couple of hours. The next hex generation post is up for your interest ... should give you some insight on what to expect in Cumana)

Andrej said...

Actually I just accepted that 12 tons was the best they could do and knowing you figured that it was probably calculated somehow that that was all of the grain available to charity within so many miles. ;)

Lukas said...

I want to roll another character, I just need to figure out if I want to track spells and roll a cleric or just pick a fighter and have at it.

Otherwise I think we still need to estimate costs for starting construction and look into which part of the populous will help work on it.

We may need to import goods and it would be good to at least have starting cash for that.

Alexis Smolensk said...

See my answer to your hammers question on the main blog, Lukas.

Lukas said...

Thank you Alexis.

I think with only one hammer at our disposal this is going to be a LONG trudge. I guess we have to ask whether or not we want to save cash for establishing the mission from scratch to have an awesome home base, or put some into here to work on this fixer upper faster?

Andrej said...

Andrej's focus is on the mission. That's not to say the party can't develop this as well, but short of surveying and exploring and perhaps looking into some short-term land development, perhaps at the druid's direction, I'm not sure I see much upside yet in pouring money into structures and defenses.

Lukas said...

So then, find a spot for a proper dock, ask for them to fortify the area in preparation for a dock with their 1 hammer and then queue up a dock for the next project.

(OOC: Aren't we supposed to start with a monument? I think we need some culture... Also, what doofus lost our warrior before the match even started!?)

Andrej said...

Perhaps wait on the dock.

What if, instead, Max decided to stay put and roll up a new character to follow the main party (pending Alexis's approval). We could spend the one hammer instead on an irrigation project overseen by a druid and see if we can grow some grain here. More food means we can support a greater population. More population means more hammers. More population also means a worforce to exploit the resources on the other islands. We should grow this place form the ground up starting with a sound foundation (i.e. a sound food supply).

Lukas said...

I guess if we're not paying for anything and they are just finding what they need that is the best route.

Irrigation
Granary?
Grow Forage? (Build Farm?)
Barn
Stable? Doesn't seem useful for an island...

Andrej said...

Irrigation for sure... maybe then spend the hammer on planting/ growing? The granary could be where we substitute hammers for gold should it come to it. That should cover from here through the growing season, we can re-assess and plan next moves in the winter.

Lukas said...

Ok so swap granary and Grow Forage then.

Andrej said...

Hopefully there's an empty house or two those of the party that remain can occupy. The population seems to have decreased recently, so seems reasonable. The Kofanusia party can oversee improvements and explore. I'm loving this.

Lukas said...

Whatever happens, I think I want to be a dwarf. Cause lol.

Andrej said...

I like dwarves. Sofia was almost a dwarf before she was a Sofia.

Anyway, I believe the next step is character generation and then we can decide who stays and goes. Andrej goes, Sofia stays.

That said, I'll be tending to other matters today and will check in later. It seems like most are also preoccupied.

Alexis Smolensk said...

(OOC: Technically, you KILLED the warrior ... back in Germany. Now YOU are the warrior.

And culture would be a very good idea)

Alexis Smolensk said...

For the record, if we split the party, I do not care who stays and who goes, new characters or old characters.

I wish I had the time to insist that instead of Maximillian and Lukas rolling secondary non-henchman characters, that I could install two completely new players from the void into this campaign. Alas, I haven't the time.

Lukas, in case I forgot, rolling a non-henchman unrelated character to your mage does not affect you eventually picking up a henchman.

Alexis Smolensk said...

There are five houses in a poor state of repair, which could be purchased from the island's one merchant.

Lukas said...

That's good, because an apprentice you can't torment is kind of useless.

Yes, lets buy our newfound buddies a house and tell them to fix it up for us for when we get back.

Maybe if we're lucky he'll give us a nice discount when we tell him we're interested in correcting the tax issues.

Ahmet said...

Ahmet's plan is he goes, Enrico stays behind with Tazio and Carlito as the island's defense force.

While we're here, Ahmet rides around looking for prospective mining sites. (What else would you expect?)

Lukas said...

I go with Ahmet so we can argue over rocks and talk about his cousins, uncles and other family members of various types until the families are gathered. I'll also be interested in any areas that look like a great foundation.

(OOC: Would a statue of me be a good monument?)

Alexis Smolensk said...

At best, you find some poor marble sites, where the stone might be good enough to be of use in roadbuilding. It's full of imperfections that would make it ugly for anything else; it might serve as blocks for a dock.

The limestone here it too cleaved to be of any use in construction except to make cement; but there's no local source of gypsum.

James C. said...

Andrej remains with Poppazoukalou and makes known his desire to meet the island's only merchant. Andrej would like to tour the five dilapidated house and will select one for the group to purchase while the others are busy.

Sofia seeks out a remote stretch of beach where she will work on her kata, her tan and her glaive skills.

Ahmet said...

Enrico, at a loss without Ahmet around, follows Andrej like a lost puppy.

Tazio and Carlito seek out local maidens in need of help fetching pails of water.

Ahmet said...

(As NPCs I can't tell Tazio and Carlito what to do... but I'm just assuming.)

Alexis Smolensk said...

Andrej, you've met him. It's Poppazoukalou.

The best house overlooks the north shore from atop the hill, for it has some shelter from the south wind (cooler in summer, less wind in winter) and is abutted upon by a patch of wild olive trees.

The ground to the south of town is good for Sofia: in most places along the shore, the rock cliffs literally descend into the water; in the best places two cliffs together make a beach that are only a few dozen yards wide. This beautiful place, for instance.

Alexis Smolensk said...

Having let them know that you don't frown on such activities, Tazio and Carlito certainly do. This is a bit of a paradise, you know.

Lukas said...

Aside from meeting the families, dealing with the taxes, getting a house, and getting everything started for the irrigation, I say I am ready to move on... Unless something interesting happens.

Lukas said...

Interesting is perhaps the wrong word. But something that requires some reaction.

Perhaps the captain coming to shore, then we could perhaps arrange a meal at the local spot together to talk about the island and the state of the ship.

Ahmet said...

We'll draw the line at playful flirting. Don't want any little Tazios or Carlitos running around in nine months... although we COULD use the tax income...

James C. said...

Paradise indeed.

James C. said...

How much for the house and how bad does it look in terms of its state of repair?

Alexis Smolensk said...

It is a one-story house with 80 feet of outside walls, 1/2 inch slat-board & plaster, single-beamed roof, fireplace & stone foundation, shabby in quality, 245 g.p. It is owned by Poppazoukalou.

Alexis Smolensk said...

Oh, about 40 years old. The other houses are in poorer condition.

Andrej said...

Sofia is quite taken with the island. She offers Poppazoukalou her 9 agates (I have noted an estimated value in the 250 gp range that wasn't confirmed as far as I know) for the house. Should the others need lodging they are welcome to stay. If there are any objections to her having the choicest of the houses or some other arrangement is preferred I'm open to talk it out.

Lukas said...

Once I discover the means for setting up a portal between our holdings I will probably build a tower. Therefore, I have no concerns over the 'choicest' of houses. Because hopefully it won't be the choicest forever. ;)

James C. said...

I'll happily concede it should such a time come to pass. :)

Lukas said...

(OOC: I'm going to have some involuntary time off perhaps I will get in the mood to scrawl some stuff for a tower concept.

I will also definitely have time to set up a new character tomorrow and maybe for a few days after that. Just an FYI for Alexis if it's convenient to him too.)

Ahmet said...

(OOC: Involuntary time off doesn't sound good... but at least you're making the best of it. If it's a furlough type situation, at least in my state, you can file for unemployment under certain circumstances... good luck.

Unfortunately, I'll be away from a computer pretty much all day today... probably won't be back until 4 or 5 p.m. ET)

Andrej said...

(OOC: Yes Lukas, I hope all is well. Given Ahmet's and Max's absence perhaps we should allow Alexis and Lukas time today to work on the new character. I can check in and post if/ when I have questions.

Alexis Smolensk said...

Lukas, there's a page on the wiki telling how to roll up a character. I'll go look at it myself, see if its in order.

Lukas said...

Would love a short section on the lands of origin for races. At some point.

Lukas said...

Ohh... delete that one im going to put one in the correct spot. Rules and stuff.

Alexis Smolensk said...

Lukas, I've put up your character on the GCI page.

James C. said...

(OOC: Guys, I'll be out tomorrow and probably not able to check in much. Have a nice weekend.)

Alexis Smolensk said...

(OOC: yes, its summer. Let's call until Monday. I can go on with Lukas' character and anything else, and Maximillian can decide what he'd like to do)

Maximillian said...

(Ooc: Starting to get caught up after my trip. I'll do my best to keep up tomorrow, but I'm not sure how much built up while I was gone...

Lukas, you got me worried when I saw your new character. I thought I'd missed some great battle.

Andrej, I agree that you could use the skills of a druid more than what I'm likely to roll up, but I'd like to keep him with the main adventure.

I'm not so interested in splitting the party, but then it's not my henchmen nor my island.)

The one thing I can do before we leave is a thorough survey of how best to improve the agricultural or natural output of the island. I assume that the info Alexis gave came partially from that, but I'd particularly be interested if perhaps there is seasonal drainage that could be improved, or captured in a cistern. Perhaps the planting or removal of trees could improve habitat?

Alexis Smolensk said...

While I think of it, those horses you bought in Germany back in October ... please improve their morale by 1 point.

Alexis Smolensk said...

The seasonal draining here is rock and loose gravel. A cistern is possible, but would have to be carved into the solid rock. Because the only trees are olive and the occasional lemon, and they grow only in a small area at the top of the central hill and near the natural spring, no person in town would allow you to remove one. All the soil that could sustain a tree has been planted with one. There are perhaps a hundred trees all told.

Alexis Smolensk said...

Maximillian, do I understand that you do not intend to roll up a second character to remain in Koufonisia?

Ahmet said...

Roll, Max, roll!

Lukas said...

Heyo, while we finish with our characters, I think our main party can still meander about the island.

Alexis Smolensk said...

Yes, that subject was never closed.

I'd like to pick up with a few days in the future.

There might have been some sort of minor frackus occurring with the sailors, but word will get back to the party that in fact Detweiller and his men are holding them in check--without being told and quite adroitly. Rather than creating moments of violence, Detweiller is keeping the peace ... directing the crew that come ashore into more passive activities, keeping them away from the young girls on the island (or chaperoning them) and incorporating the citizens of the island to help out and even to befriend the sailors. This has been with the Captain's help, as she is keeping the balance of the crew on board the ship, and letting off six to eight at a time for only twelve-hour periods.

Shall I set up a new post?

Lukas said...

Sounds good to me.

James C. said...

Sounds good to me as well.

Maximillian said...

(OOC: Sorry Alexis, I hadn't meant that I didn't want to roll a second character. I've made my rolls and I'll post them to the other thread in a moment.)

Alexis Smolensk said...

The next post is up.