- Equal shares - division of the total amount of treasure by the number of characters involved.
- Shares by level is a division whereby the character levels are added together and the total treasure is divided by the number of levels - then each participant is awarded their 'share.'
- Equal shares plus bonus, to reward excellence by offering an outstanding character or characters in a combat an extra share or bonus item by vote.
- Non-player characters who are henchmen of the player characters count as one-half characters, or for one half of their levels, and in turn are not permitted bonus shares.
- Incapacitated or killed characters, subsequently brought back to life, are eligible for a share only in treasure gained prior to such death.
- Characters who are uncooperative, obstructive, attack party members, behave cowardly, etc., should forfeit from one quarter to all of their treasure as a penalty for their actions, by vote.
- If but one or two items of magic are gained, these can be grouped singly or paired to equal a share of treasure. If one is of relatively small worth, it can be grouped with money to equal one share.
- If three or more items are discovered, they can be divided as follows: a) the best item; b) the next best item; c) third & fourth items; d) 'x' amount of money as compensation for not getting any magic items.
- Three or more magical items, alternate method: a) best item; b) second best item & 'x' amount of money; c) third item & '2x' amount of money; d) fourth item & '3x' amount of money.