Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Boroge Awaits

The party in its present formation gets as far as this before Andrej sees Boroge:


Andrej's shadow added for kewl factor.

The party can just see the left most head at the edge of the darkness, and sense three of the others.  There's no sign of a fifth head.

Andrej finds himself stepping on a rotted sack of some kind, that was once filled with coins that are now a pile of metal pieces pushing against his boots.  In 3013 Lukas can see some sort of arm bone & hand, with a silver bracelet on its wrist.

Enrico has line of sight, but I need to emphasize that he cannot see the actual body of the creature, and he would be -2 to hit the heads in this much light (-4 to hit the body).  Same modifiers apply to everyone else.  Where Ahmet, Maximillian and Sofia are standing, they cannot see the creature.

Andrej knows from this distance the creature could easily attack in the next round.  Since he has decided to go in the front, I will need Andrej to roll a d6 for initiative.

Better late than never:


Winning the initiative, the hydra rushes out again ... and while the right most head laughs hideously, the other three heads snap at Andrej - missing, missing and missing.

Unbelieveable.

The fifth head is definitely dead.  It drags through the water after the body as the hydra approaches Andrej.

Please go ahead and take action.  Hex 2814 is close enough for Ahmet to attack a head.  The body of the creature is fully visible now.  Enrico will have to load, or quick fire at a -4 penalty to hit.


23 comments:

Alexis Smolensk said...

May I add that Lukas moving, after initiative, would change those in-the-dark modifiers. Lukas' character is perfectly intelligent enough to be aware of this.

Maximillian said...

As I walk, I say a little ditty, liking how my words resonate in the cavern.

"Woe Boroge, fiend laden with many pledges. See it's burden around the edges, silver, gold, flesh, mold. Your debts displayed in kind are paid."

Maximillian said...

(GCI, Druids are apparently their own religion, i.e. not Catholics)

Andrej said...

Initiative: 2

Andrej said...

Alexis, don't forget that Sofia still has a lit torch as well. I noticed that her light corona has disappeared from the images and I'm not sure if this was for convenience or an oversight.

Alexis Smolensk said...

I haven't forgotten.

In fact, her torch corona is there, but the edge of it is off the area I chose to crop; the forward arc of it is entirely inside Lukas's arc, and that is why you cannot see it.

The hydra will roll a 4 for initiative; that's better than everyone.

I'm a bit pressed for time; I will put up another image if I can, depicting the hydra's action, then the party can do what they will. Please be patient.

Alexis Smolensk said...

I've updated the main post.

Andrej said...

Andrej swings at the left-most head in hex 2914(on Andrej's right).

to hit: 20 (not natural, this includes among other bonuses, a +1 from the bless... let me know if that's not kosher)

dmg: 9

If Sofia can pass through Enrico's hex without fouling his loading and aiming, she moves to 2812. if that will foul Enrico, she moves instead behind him into hex 2811.

Andrej said...

Correction, damage above should be eight and not nine... I counted my strength bonus twice. Sorry.

Ahmet said...

Enrico loads his bow (4 MP).

Ahmet said...

Ahmet advances to 2814 (2 MP) and swings at the same head that Andrej hit, if possible. If not, whatever head he can reach.

To hit: 16
Damage: 7

Maximillian said...

I move forward two hexes to take Ahmet's place.

Alexis Smolensk said...

I've explained repeatedly, Ahmet, that loading a bow only takes two MP. He CAN load and fire it this round ... called "quick fire" ... but without taking time to aim, he'd be -4 to hit.

He can still move two points (or one hex) this round if he wishes.

Sorry. But I have explained it repeatedly.

Lukas said...

Lukas draws a dart and chucks it at the body.

D20 +3: 12 (Dart, thrown, bless)
D3: 1

17 darts remain

Ahmet said...

Sorry, it has been awhile.

I was going by the big "actions" chart, which has:

Load a bow, patiently - 4 movement points - Movement required apart from firing.

Load a bow, rapidly - 2 movement points. Hit die suffers -4 penalty. - Movement required apart from firing.

I thought Enrico needed to use all 4 MP "patiently loading" or he would incur the penalty, even if he fired next round.

Or are you saying he could use 2 MP to move this round, 2 MP to begin patiently loading, 2 MP at the start of next round to continue patiently loading, and 2 MP at the end of next round to fire?

Alexis Smolensk said...

Sofia may move through Enrico's hex, no problem.

Both Ahmet and Andrej hit, and both those heads edging into 2914 are stunned.



Alexis Smolensk said...

Lukas' dart misses.

(incidentally, as darts are about 9-12 inches long, its hard to imagine the mage is bristling with them all over his body. Realistically, could you really carry 20 darts?)

Sorry, Ahmet, that has to be a typo. I am very sorry that passage isn't better written.

I am saying Enrico can load (2 MP) and move one hex (2 MP) this round.

Lukas said...

Alexis, I have a quiver at my side that was listed at 20 darts. If you'd like me to reduce the number that fit in the quiver I can do that.

Alexis Smolensk said...

Jeez, I'm thick as hell today.

I apologize to you too, Lukas. I forgot ... please let things stand as they are.

Lukas said...

(OOC: It's ok, I have those days/mornings more often than I care for.)

Ahmet said...

Assuming he still has line of sight from 2712, Enrico moves there. Otherwise he stays put.

Alexis Smolensk said...

Good, I'll get up the new post.

Alexis Smolensk said...

The next post is up.