Monday, June 24, 2013

Still Zakynthos

February 2, 1651, afternoon
Weather: with cool temperatures and clear skies, with a gentle breeze.

As the sky clears up and the temperature improves, and the party sits and dries out (and there are no adverse weather effects to clothing or armor, we return again to what the party is doing.

I'll give a reboot to the lay of the land - there are no toothy mountains, only great rounded hills with a great deal of loose rock formations covering them, generally no higher than the knee.  You find a small, indistinct little shrine and a bit of open ground next to it, and take the advantage of the weather's improvement to dry out.

(image stolen from another Greek isle that isn't
Zakynthos, but there you are)
The giant sheep are perhaps a half mile away, gently grazing; you can see them in the distance.  The party has none of their hirelings with them for the time being.

You were deciding what to do.  The ship is in the harbor.  You had heard something about caves on the north side of the island.  You have all the back content just as I have.  Would you like to return to the ship and continue on, or explore further, or some other action?

19 comments:

Maximillian said...

To summarize my understanding of our decision making process:
We had [barely] decided on searching for the cave that the sheep mentioned ("a cave that no one goes to, ever") I had suggested finding the nearest settlement and asking if anyone knew of it.

The other obvious options had been [try to] kill a sheep to sell for wool and meat, search for the Giant mountain swine of Zykanthos, some sort of dire boar, or return to the port, in hopes of seeing battle and some profit on the high seas. My vote is to search for the cave, second vote is to return to the ship.

Maximillian said...

While we discuss the issue, I set about tidying up the shrine.

James C. said...

Search for the caves is also my vote.

Alexis Smolensk said...

Lukas may not be able to say for some hours yet; he's good with the consensus, but I'd like to wait to see if we hear from Ahmet.

Anyone have any pertinent questions?

Ahmet said...

I too would like to search for the caves, provided we aren't upsetting any timetables.

Surely the Madame wouldn't leave without Ahmet. You guys, maybe... but Ahmet?

Also, I'm interested in what constitutes "tidying up" efforts for a druid. Are there a lot of pinecones to be found around here? :)

Alexis Smolensk said...

We had covered that regarding Madam; you had contracted with her, so she wouldn't leave without first making sure you're not dead. At any rate, she expected a week for repairs. It's only been since this morning you left.

Maximillian said...

Great, I'm ready to ride out to the north then, perhaps we can ask for directions if we see anyone on the way.

Ahmet said...

So... we head north in search of caves (or wild boars), but look for settlements/wanderers/what-have-you along the way who can provide more information.

Maximillian said...

I give up my sweeping and fall into line behind Ahmet.

Lukas said...

The cave sounds great. Something basic to get back into the swing of things.

Alexis Smolensk said...

Wonderful.

(OOC: Now, I am sorry to tease, but at the moment I am having to work under difficult conditions, requiring most of my time; it is only going to get worse tomorrow, as I'm being moved to the boonies to work in some alternative access building, where I will be at a random desk working with random others who may be of any department.

I didn't expect this. I don't know what my circumstances will be. For the moment, campaign-wise, give me a bit to sort this mess out.

Damn floods, spoil all your plans)

Andrej said...

Take what you need, my friend, and I'll take it as it comes. It's good to be playing this campaign again in any event.

Maximillian said...

(Sounds like a charming prospect, I'm sorry. No worries, I won't turn water into whine.)

Lukas said...

I wonder what the effects of holding that mace would be to someone with hypothermia or other emergency temperature conditions...

OOC: That picture reminds me of my grandparent's place foliage wise.

Andrej said...

hey Lukas, I forgot all about Andrej's mace, thanks for the reminder. It's been too long, I guess. :)

Lukas said...

NP, it's only one of the coolest things we have with the exception of the party members.

Though Lukas' summoned mount is cool too.

Alexis Smolensk said...

(OOC: Yep. I've got dispossessed sub-company president administration sitting right at my elbow, dispossessed from the same building that dispossessed me.

Not much I can do until they let me go home again. I miss my desk)

Andrej said...

(OOC: Hang in there, jefe. We'll be ready when you are.)

Alexis Smolensk said...

I have vastly more control over my environment today, so we can move forward. The next post is up. One thing I forgot to say regarding the doings on that other post is that the sun will probably set in about 135 minutes.