Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Hills upon Zakynthos

February 2, 1651, afternoon
Weather: with brisk temperatures and a driving storm, with a strong breeze.

There is something about this party, whenever it starts out on a journey ...

The wind steadily increases throughout the morning, as the party finds the way up above the plains to be fairly easy going.  The mountains are clothed in gentle slopes, but the upper portions are like teeth rising out of the earth, with precipitous cliffs and rounded tops.  I understood the party to be on horseback, so it takes only a couple of hours to ascend to where you're a thousand feet above the sea ... but then the storm envelops you and you can hardly see down into the valley.

The party must seek shelter, and the only shelter consists of folds in the skirted heath that surrounds the base of the mountains.  These folds, however, are deep in places, twenty or thirty feet, so as you lead your horses into them, the wind is cut away and only the steady rain remains.

About three hundred feet above you, also in the defile and near where a cliff strikes up into the sky, the party - in their wet misery - can see something huge and shaggy.  It shudders from time to time, sending a burst of water off its body and into the air, like an enormous round dog.

149 comments:

Lukas said...

Lukas, should he be able to without alerting the thing. Will try to consult the druid.

"What is that?"

Maximillian said...

Yes indeed, what is it? It could be a bear, but it's a bit far to say for sure, and it's awfully large for a bear... Shall I try and speak with it?

Lukas said...

"Let's try not to have a repeat of the pig incident..." Lukas looks at Ahmet.

Maximillian said...

(In comparison to me in my wet bearskin, how large is the thing? Also, these folds, how wide are they? and are they barren? or filled with thicket?)
Wizard, that's no pig. Have you never seen where your bacon comes from?

Lukas said...

Lukas bites his tongue, now may or may not be the time for banter, better to play it safe.

On the other side of the coin, perhaps it could make a good coat.

Alexis Smolensk said...

Maximillian, I need a d20.

Maximillian said...

{d20: 2}

Alexis Smolensk said...

The folds, the defile that you're in, is pretty much only grass heath. There isn't enough water up here and the surface is too porous for thicket.

Off-hand, it definitely looks too big for a bear. The rain makes it difficult to see, but the thing looks fuzzy and about 8 feet tall.

And it so happens that above it, at the top of the defile, another has moved into view.

Alexis Smolensk said...

Maximillian thinks ... THINKS, mind you ... that it might be non-aggressive.

Lukas said...

Mountain Yak perhaps.

Maximillian said...

Do they stand upright?
(continuing to whisper)Well friends, do we talk, or hunt, or huddle in fear and misery?

Lukas said...

"You missed move on or look for owner."

Maximillian said...

Yes, well it's cold and windy out on the road.

Alexis Smolensk said...

You can't see any legs.

Ahmet said...

Ahmet, also thinking of the pig incident, does not attack the creature.

He looks at Maximillian. "Can you truly speak to that beast?"

Maximillian said...

I can, through sorcery.

Andrej said...

Does Andrej's Field of Study (Spec.): Legends & Folklore (Artifacts, Beasts, Heroes) provide any insight? I'm thinking, specifically, of the "beast" specialty.

Lacking any info there, sure Max... try talking to it.

Sofia draws a pair of daggers just to be sure...

Maximillian said...

My thought thus far is that these are grazing animals, and there is likely little benefit for attacking them, except their meat and fur. I could talk to them, and perhaps discover what is beyond, and, should we desire, convince them that we just want to pass them by.

Alexis Smolensk said...

Andrej believes it is some kind of mammal, and therefore not a 'beast' in definition.

I would like to point out the distance of 300 feet at this time. Also, the description for the Speak with Animals spell I posted a couple months ago:

Empowers the druid to speak directly to natural creatures of animal to semi-intelligence. The caster is able to ask questions, receive answers and generally be on amicable terms with the animal.

Note, however, that the animal’s knowledge is limited to the location of things; things that are dangerous or threatening; and things which do, or do not, like the animal and its kind. Greater knowledge than this is not available.

The spell does not allow communication with creatures without intelligence, such as many insects or soft-bodied species; nor does it allow communication with fantastic creatures such as basilisk, catoblepas, cockatrice, manticores, chimera, hydras and the like.

Lukas said...

"If we talk to it, we could pass it by. Of coarse, it might know about some dangerous creatures around here."

Andrej said...

"Dangerous creatures are what we're after, yes? I say we move closer and let the tree-hugger have a word or two. We should be careful not to frighten them, though... perhaps we send only the less-threatening ones, eh?"

Ahmet said...

Ahmet grumbles. "Money is what we're after. Let's wait for the storm to pass and perhaps those creatures will move on. If not... then the sorcerer can try his witchcraft."

Lukas said...

"Fair enough, they look slow. We should be able to see them coming."

Andrej said...

Andrej shrugs, "The storm could last all day. I say we either speak to the creatures or move on." Pulling his hood further down against the rain he contemplates the reverse of create water, lamenting the infinite volume of rainwater.

Ahmet said...

(OOC: I thought the storm was so bad we were driven into this defile to take shelter?)

Andrej said...

Yes you're right. Ahmet... I was taking "storm blowing over" as clear skies, I see now you probably meant just waiting out the worst part that drove us to seek shelter.

Alexis Smolensk said...

Ahmet is right about the storm. There's no wind in the defile, but no signs of the storm ending above you, either. The rain is cold, but not intolerable (brisk).

The one creature is also in the defile, which slowly ascends between the sides up towards the creature, perhaps 100 feet above you as well as 300 feet away. The second creature I described, at the top of the defile (and therefore exposed to the storm), moves down the slope about a third of the way but does not move any further. It looks like a clumpy, fuzzy bush, grayish and brown, mud-colored even, and you still can't see its legs.

Maximillian said...

I'm sorry, I got pulled onto a call. The consensus seems to be to ignore these creatures and move on if the weather becomes passable? Or should I go and have a chat?

Ahmet said...

Well, I think given the storm and the distance, we might as well wait at least until the weather clears up, and see what the situation is then. If they've moved on, I don't think we should pursue them. If they're still here, let's try to identify them (I think Andrej still gets a roll?). I wouldn't want to waste your spell if it turns out they're some weird kind of woolly worm or something!

Ahmet said...

As Andrej said, I don't mean clears up as in blue skies, but rather just from a typhoon to more of a normal rain.

Lukas said...

Or a bunch of hair like worms that are feeding on a hunched over bloated zombie fleshpile.

Alexis Smolensk said...

You won't know anything if you don't move closer.

Alexis Smolensk said...

Could I have both Ahmet and Andrej roll a d20.

Ahmet said...

Lucky number 13 for Ahmet.

Lukas said...

Let's go to 150 feet and see what happens eh?

If nothing happens then 75...

Of coarse, let's resolve this roll first.

Lukas said...

Oh, and if we move closer, I want to bring a handful of my horse supplement with me.

Maximillian said...

I agree, although when we move, I'll stay 20 ft ahead, and I suggest we move at just below a normal walking pace.

Good point Lukas, maybe we should hobble the horses and leave them behind when we advance.

Lukas said...

Definitely should do that if possible.

Maximillian said...

Sorry Ahmet, _if_ we advance.

Anonymous said...

These mеthods aгe better in closіng
the deal, the kеy to profesѕional Free Dating.
In oil traԁe busineѕs, it too can pipe video to the big board.

Andrej said...

Andrej's d20: 4

Ahmet said...

(OOC: Usually the spambots are annoying but this last one about raspberries is almost like free verse poetry. I'm not sure what they're trying to say but I am suddenly in the mood for raspberries!)

Andrej said...

This could be a 60's psychedelia song lyric:

"...Stаndard breadѕ аre
mаԁe of matегials ѕuch аs swimming,
biking οn the pгoverbial chocolate сhip cοokies."

Ahmet said...

Groovy baby... I can dig it.

Alexis Smolensk said...

(OOC: yeah, sorry, deleted the spam)

Thanks for the rolls, that's interesting and useful.

I presume you're moving towards whatever the things are. From 150 feet away you can tell that they're rather giant sheep. You can't tell if they're rams or not; they both have curled horns.

Ahmet said...

Ahmet, thinking of the pig once again, casts his gaze about looking for a child with a shepherd's crook.

Ahmet said...

(OOC: 8 feet tall, so taller than our horses! That's some huge-ass sheep.)

Maximillian said...

A cyclop child, perhaps...

Lukas said...

Lukas bemoans his lack of ability to have an 8 ft war sheep once again.

Alright, well, what does our druid know about normal rams of this type? I don't think rams generally have a calm temperament about strange creatures...

Maximillian said...

Well, my opinion is that they do have agressive tendencies, but those are mostly in defense of territory. They are also prey herd animals, and if startled sufficiently will likely flee.

I personally don't see any need to approach them, as I think the most likely scenario is that they are wild , and there would be nothing to gain.

Lukas said...

Well, if we want to proceed the intense wind and rain persists, then we would have to go through them.

It would be an option if they were not aggressive.

Alexis Smolensk said...

The DM concurs that the sheep are mostly likely wild, from the way they are standing - in Maximillian's opinion. Also the fact that they are clearly unshorn, and apparently never have been.

And it is at that point that Andrej and Ahmet remember how much coin came from crab meat.

Maximillian said...

We have no wagon with which to carry it, nor a known buyer which may mean we have to sell it at a reduced rate, but I concur, hunting can be a lucrative occupation.
I move to leave them be, shall we vote?

Lukas said...

I think with some industry we could build a sledge. The only concern would be the fact that the giant crab was... an adventure to defeat.

Hrm, but we ARE adventurers...

Lukas said...

That is a vote FOR btw.

Andrej said...

"Can't Maxamillian just hokus-pokus make friends with them and then we lead them to town?"

I vote yes either way. Of course, we had to drop a big rock on the crab to kill it. I don't anticipate this being easy.

Lukas said...

This time we don't have to carry a big rock up a tower. I can conjure one!

Maximillian said...

I cannot charm the creature, and I was thinking it might be less effort to just find an ordinary sheep, but if you can do that, Lukas, I think that shifts the balance. OK, shall we cock crossbows?

Ahmet said...

Ahmet votes against it.

"There is no glory in sheep killing," he says, folding his arms. "Let us find a battle that is worthy of Ahmet-oglu Ahmet!"

Maximillian said...

We are at impasse, so I switch to the yes side.(Previously thought I was outvoted.)

The best plan I have is for Lukas to drop a rock on it's head, and then for the rest of us fire upon it if that doesn't do the trick. Anyone have a better plan?

How close would you have to be to do that, Lukas?

Lukas said...

Well, I mean I can't drop it from the air, there was a bit of sarcasm there. First we need a tower.

I can use traditional techniques however.

Maximillian said...

This is not a battle for glory, it's a battle to fill our stomachs and our purses. I am not drawn to this, but it is the opportunity we have. I think it will not be an easy fight without a sudden coup de grace, but I'll stick with my vote to keep things moving. Shall we just fan out and do a direct approach, ranged attack followed by mele?

(I'm taking charge to keep things moving, whenever someone else wants to jump in, that's fine.)

Ahmet said...

Ahmet, still clearly unhappy with this enterprise, says, "Before we engage in this folly, I would like to ride out in a wide circle around these creatures to see if there are more of them -- or a giant shepherd."

Lukas said...

This could be a good idea.

Does the druid have an idea of herd mentality and how wild sheep might react to one of their own being attacked?

Maximillian said...

(The player has the idea that they would run. The druid, I don't know what he thinks.)

Maximillian said...

(actually, the player thinks that the attacked sheep would be single-minded in trying to rejoin the herd.)

Alexis Smolensk said...

The druid does not know what the sheep would do; the knowledge is out of his field (earth and sky), and his chance of knowing was very low.

Andrej said...

I'm guessing that if there is anything nearby, it too was driven into this defile, but Sofia will accompany Ahmet on riding out.

Alexis Smolensk said...

"riding out" ... ? That's a reference, I'm guessing, to climbing to the top of the defile and having a look around. You'll have to lead your horses. Is that what the party is doing?

Ahmet said...

Ahmet grumbles and Enrico whines when Sofia is the one to accompany him.

Assuming the defile is wide enough, Ahmet's intention is to give the sheep-like creatures as wide a berth as possible and ride to the top of the defile to get a look around.

Ahmet said...

Yes, that's what Ahmet and presumably Sofia are doing, while the others remain behind.

Enrico and Tazio string their short bows and ready arrows, just in case. At 150 feet, are they within range?

Andrej said...

Sofia makes to follow Ahmet's lead, ignoring both the whining and the grumbling. She dismounts, preferring to do so on foot.

Andrej, also dismounted, keeps both horses close, eying the sheep and wondering how long the ride to the nearest inn might be.

Alexis Smolensk said...

At 30 hexes, medium range. -2 to hit.

To keep things moving, Ahmet will breast the top of the ridge, feel himself hit by the storm, and report to the party below that there are five other sheep, about a hundred yards from the first two (and 50 hexes from Ahmet), huddled together.

Maximillian said...

I believe Lukas and I both hobbled (tied the legs together loosely) our horses at the bottom of the defile, before approaching the sheep.

Ahmet said...

Otherwise, no signs of life?

What's the terrain like up here?

Maximillian said...

Well then, are we set once they return? I ready my Bola. (Max range: 23 hexes)

Andrej said...

I gotta say guys I'm not very keen on taking the time and effort to kill a bunch of sheep, but I won't stand in the way of a good time if this is the party's desire.

My ideal chain of events form this point forward is accomplish whatever is desired here and return to town close to the captain's original departure date. I know the high seas have been lean pickings so far but my opinion is that any big scores will be had out there and not here.

Maximillian said...

I just want to choose a path; It sounds like none of us save Lukas are keen on this.

Maximillian said...

(ooc: if you ever need to stock lands with sheep though, now you know where to get your breeding stock!)

Ahmet said...

Hey, you two voted for it! :P

Maximillian said...

(In fine tradition, I voted against it before I voted for it.)

Alexis Smolensk said...

Ahmet,

The terrain is a wide, open skirt made of clay and loose stones, extending steadily down into the valley below, and up between two stone massifs, the bottom of the nearest only a few hundred yards to Ahmet's left, the other half a mile away in front of him. Between these two peaks, much further to Ahmet's left, the skirt appears to culminate in a saddle between the two massifs, and somewhere beyond that is another skirt of earth lifting to an even higher set of three stone mountains.

The five sheep are sheltered in a small pocket ahead of you, low but still somewhat exposed. There is another defile that extends down the middle of the skirt that's about 500 yards away. You see nothing else out here.

Andrej said...

(OOC: You should run for office, Maxamillian.)

Alexis Smolensk said...

Andrej,

There isn't just meat here.

That's an awful lot of raw wool.

Lukas said...

Look, thing is, there's not been a huge chance of anything happening on the water. Nor do I think there will be. Say we roll the 1 in 12 chance of encountering something. Could be a friendly sea creature. Could be a a ship that's not hostile but not a good target either... Could be rocky shores.

Here we have big sheepskin, meat, big trophy horns and excitement of combat bringing down a big foe in the immediate vicinity.

And that's just meta approach. From an game time scale the ship is going nowhere for the remainder of that 3 day period.

This time can be fast forwarded and then we can go back to the ship travel, we can try and find something other than giant sheep, or we can fight giant sheep.

I'm sure there's another option, but that seems to be the run of it.

I see gold an XP sitting in front of us.

Andrej said...

I'm thinking of time spent in the real world on this more than campaign time, Lukas, but like I said... we're here and there are the sheep and if you guys are anxious to kill them and gather wool Andrej and Sofia are at your disposal. Please somebody take charge and direct us, though.

Alexis Smolensk said...

Do you need a map?

Andrej said...

If we are agreed that we fight, then yes... it's time to get tactical here.

Lukas said...

Ahmet says no.
Andrej says pick something.
Lukas says yes.
Max is biased towards the majority.

Alright, well let's go to my nature and end this stalemate.

I vote we flee from the giant sheep and fast forwards time to break the tie.

Maximillian said...

Thank you Lukas, agreed.

Andrej said...

Lukas, I'm confused. I thought you were the guy that wanted to kill these things?

Lukas said...

I was, until we reached the point where one person wanted it over with, one person didn't care and one person didn't want to.

Besides, don't want to drag someone into a multi-post investment they didn't want in the first place.

Maximillian said...

That is roughly how I was feeling, on the opposite side; I didn't think attacking the sheep was a good idea, but I didn't want to stand in the way of it, and especially wanted to do something.

Andrej said...

I already pretty much committed to a multi-post investment when I left town with you guys against my preferred choice of fast-fowarding, so don't feel bad on that score. I'm not advising we dithc the plan... more or less I was just saying I'm here and ready to help out if somebody wants to take charge, but if nobody wants to take charge or we've lost our stomach for it let's fast forward.

Ahmet, it looks like its up to you whether or no we fight the sheep.

Ahmet said...

Ahmet wasn't for fighting the sheep and he hasn't changed his mind, piles of raw wool and mutton notwithstanding.

Ahmet asks Sofia to wait here for a moment while he rides out to the other defile to get a look down there.

Ahmet said...

(and assuming Sofia agrees, does so)

Andrej said...

Sofia stays posted as directed and keeps an eye on the newly spotted sheep.

Andrej hobbles his and Sofia's horses and makes ready for battle. Shield and mace are ready, whatever is decided.

Andrej said...

Sofia is also keeping an eye on Ahmet as he approaches the new defile, I should amend.

Ahmet said...

Since all the cool kids are doing it, Enrico and Tazio hobble their horses as well.

Ahmet said...

(and stand ready with their short bows)

Alexis Smolensk said...

Ahmet can mount his horse and ride out to the other defile. It just takes a few minutes, though the party more or less loses sight of any particulars, until he becomes a blurry shape in the rain.

Ahmet looks into the other defile and confirms that it is empty of anything evidently alive, except for a little grass and six inch scrub.

Ahmet said...

Ahmet rides back to Sofia, then walks his horse down the defile to rejoin the party. He tells them what he saw.

Ahmet restates his opposition to the idea of attacking these (apparently) pitiful creatures, but if it must be done, he will do so.

"But I would rather use our time seeking out more dangerous prey," he says.

Lukas said...

"Being that we're on an island that is actually inhabited, this may be some of the most potentially dangerous prey."

He looks over at Ahmet in consideration for a moment.

"Unless you have some humanoids you intend to hunt?"

Lukas said...

"Perhaps we could ask them about a greater danger? A greater foe?"

Andrej said...

"Yes, we had at first intended to have the druid speak to the sheep. Why not stick to that plan? They should be aware of nearby dangers or giant-sized shepherds. Maxamillian?"

Ahmet said...

Ahmet grudgingly concedes to this plan.

Just to be prepared, he dismounts, hobbles his horse, two-thirds loads his crossbow, and moves to within medium range of the closest creature, if he's not already.

Maximillian said...

Very well, slowly but steadily walk within range and cast speak with animals.

Alexis Smolensk said...

To shout at the beasts, in order for their hearing to be within range, Maximillian must approach within 12 hexes (it would be 24, with the superior range of the beast's hearing, but the rain halves the distance). Maximillian has time enough to speak for 3 rounds, or 36 seconds, and presumably half that time will be taken up listening. At two words a second, Maximillian can manage questions/threaten/explain up to 36 words (measured), to which I will answer.

So what does the druid say?

Maximillian said...

Ho mighty ram, my companions and I mean you no harm. I am a protector of innocent creatures like you. Is there anything you fear?

(I will reserve the remaining time to clarify the response.)

Andrej said...

Sofia is still up at the top of the defile, keeping an eye on the other sheep. Andrej is 6 hexes behind Maxamillian.

Lukas said...

Lukas will try and get within 200ft

Alexis Smolensk said...

"There are boars upon the mountains, that are as big as me, and these we fear very much!" answers one back.

Alexis Smolensk said...

You're already within 150 feet, Lukas. I had said so before - or at least I understood that to be so. Do you need to be closer still?

Andrej said...

oooh, dire boars. They must be worthy of the mighty Ahmet. There's a hunting expedition I can get behind.

Maximillian said...

Fearsome indeed. Is a cave nearby where we could shelter?

Lukas said...

This is fine. I just wanted to make sure things didn't change.

Double check that everything is in place since everyone is clarifying their positions now.

Alexis Smolensk said...

You wouldn't know of the existence of any caves.

Maximillian said...

Meant that question for the sheep, in case we decide to do some swine hunting.

Ahmet said...

Ahmet grumbles, remembering the last time he slew a pig.

(OOC: This whole scenario has been like a clip show. "Giant sheep? This reminds me of the time we fought the giant crab..." (screen dissolves to crab battle) "Let's make sure there's no shepherd. Remember what happened with the pig?" (screen dissolves to pig incident) All we need is a kobold reference!)

Lukas said...

(OOC: I wonder how many kobolds could ride a giant pig? I bet its about the size of one of those huts...)

Alexis Smolensk said...

(OOC: At which point a kobald pops up and says, that's a myth, myth! And Sofia answers, "Yes?")

Ahmet said...

Do the sheep answer Maximillian's question about the caves?

Maximillian said...

So, getting this thing back on track, let's make a quick decision.
We are faced with the possibility of hunting a powerful foe: the Mountain swine of Zykanthos, likely to be terrible indeed. If we win this fight there may be little glory, but there will be some profit. On the other hand, it will be a difficult fight, with no small risk of lasting damage.

On the other hand, it is wet and cold, and we may still be able to make it back to an inn before nightfall. As Andrej has eloquently pointed out, that quest will bring us more profit and glory, but how soon is questionable.

I will not be upset if I am overruled, but I will start the voting by saying we should leave the mountains.

Alexis Smolensk said...

Regarding the question about caves.

I'd like to make amends. I looked at google earth on the weekend, and saw how really off the mark I was describing Zakynthos. I was trying to do it from images, filling in the gaps, and I should have started with google earth. So let me fix.

1) there are no other mountains in the distance. You are still in a saddle between two mountains, but in the distance is the western shore of the island from where you are.

2) you can see the eastern shore of the island, across the wide plain below.

3) there are no mountain "teeth" ... the tops of the mountains are quite smooth. sorry about that.

4) the ground is not only clay. there are lots of outcroppings of rocks, typically one or two feet high and flat, between which there is beaten clay paths.

5) the sheep are unchanged.

6) the mention of the boar is unchanged.

7) The sheep know of only one cave, and no one anywhere on the island goes there. Ever. They would tell Maximillian where the island is, but his spell runs out.

Maximillian said...

(ooh, now the cave sounds exciting!)

I am going to revise my vote in light of the additional information. I suggest we leave the mountains and find a more comfortable place to sleep. In the morning, I'd like to find this cave. My previous statement about not getting upset if I'm overruled stands.

Alexis Smolensk said...

(OOC: everyone's on sabbatical, Maximillian. Have you cracked the spine on that silly book yet?)

Lukas said...

After Max brings the information back, Lukas will make a vote for hunting boar OR cave.

Perhaps keeping an eye out for boars while looking for the cave.

(OOC: I'm around, work and all that)

Ahmet said...

Looking for the cave while keeping an eye out for swine sounds like a good plan.

Maximillian said...

I guess Andrej is outvoted, so we can make moves towards finding the caves, once found, I think we should wait until he gets back before actually proceeding inside.

Should we proceed with the search straight away, or retreat out of the mountains and ask around first?

Ahmet said...

Let's scout around a little bit. The sheep know of the cave, and I don't think sheep are known for their long-ranging adventures. Gotta be around here somewhere, right? Perhaps Maximillian has some Druidish knowledge about the type of terrain where a cave is likely to be located, or Ahmet and Lukas can use their mining knowledge...

Alexis Smolensk said...

Having rebooted the shape of the island's mountains, I can tell you that there are a series of them forming a spine between the plains on the east and the narrow lowland on the west. Each mountain rises like a round, enlongated hump, with the humps getting smaller as you go north.

Can I read "Let's scout around a little bit" as "We scout around ..."?

Alexis Smolensk said...

(OOC: Maximillian, can you answer my question about my book? Have you cracked the spine yet?)

Ahmet said...

I think we're still voting on what action to take. I'm for scouting around; I think Lukas and Maximillian are, too. Andrej is MIA but I don't think he'd object to scouting around for the cave, with the stipulation that we won't actually enter (or even approach) the cave at this time. Just trying to identify its likely location.

So to that end... Ahmet unhobbles his horse, leads it up the defile keeping a reasonable distance from the sheep, and then re-mounts his horse at the top. He waits for others to join him.

Enrico does the same and orders Tazio to follow.

Once all are gathered (I presume), Ahmet points out to the others where he saw the second defile.

He scans the surrounding area for a likely place for caves to be, based on his experiences as a miner. He also asks Maximillian, Andrej, and Lukas for their best guess as to which direction to head in.

Maximillian said...

(I have not started reading it yet.)

Given that I chose geography and not geology as my specialty, I only have a small chance of being able to infer the likely locations, but I will roll for that anyway. d100?

Alexis Smolensk said...

(OOC: Thanks)

Sure. d100.

Lukas said...

Lukas follows Ahmet in the searching for the cave (On his unhobbled horse).

Maximillian said...

{d100: 56} I don't think that does it. Anyone else care to venture a guess?

I noticed the sheep said on the island, so I'm not convinced it is necessarily close by. Alexis, you mentioned that it took us about four hours to get into the mountains, how close was the nearest village or barn we passed?

Alexis Smolensk said...

Nope, the druid has no special knowledge.

There are no villages, only some small settlements with ten or so houses, and you passed three of them after leaving Zante. The nearest of them is about an hour away; it had a well for fresh water. The people seemed friendly.

Ahmet said...

OK, let's ride to the closest of the settlements and talk to the locals.

Maximillian said...

Agreed, preparing for the ride back.

Maximillian said...

During the ride, I keep my eyes peeled for any newly interesting features.

Alexis Smolensk said...

Well, the rain stops.

If everyone is agreed, I will pick things up at the settlement with a new post (this comment thread is getting long).

Maximillian said...

Great on both counts.

Lukas said...

Agreed.

Don't get excited Maxim, the next time we set out it will start again.

James C. said...

(OOC: Sorry I was MIA yesterday gents. I was able to read along, wanted to play but was unable to post anything through my company's firewall for inexplicable reasons (though I tried several times).

Today things seem to be fine, but I'm going to stay logged in under my normal account vs. the Andrej account for now, as the trouble began yesterday when I tried logging out and back in.)

Alexis Smolensk said...

(OOC: That really sucks, James. I concur with your solution.

I'm having my own troubles wresting myself from my duties today, but if everyone will bear with me. I'm also working on a project for later in the week that is taking some time)

Lukas said...

(OOC: Is here, has work)

Ahmet said...

(OOC: Checking in!)

Lukas said...

(OOC: Present)