Thursday, December 20, 2012

Isarco Road, Round 4

Hichem gets hung up a bit moving the horses, but he almost has them out of the way now.  The last horse moves across in front of Sofia as she runs forward.

In order, the attacks from the bandits is as follows.

The first attack is on Lukas; the bowman in 0408 fired at him, hitting, causing 4 damage to the mage.

The bowman in 0407 fires on Andrej, also hitting, again with a natural 20 - it's my day.  Rolling the 20 again, I get a 14, so the damage is doubled.  Andrej takes 12 damage, stunning him.

At that moment, #1 then hits Andrej, for six more damage ... knocking the cleric back onto the slope of 0913.

I need Andrej to roll a d20 for a dexterity check to see if he catches himself before sliding further.

Four other arrows flash around the four men fighting; at the last moment, #2 jerks to the right to avoid one of the arrows, that creases him across the forehead - damn close.  As a result, the blow he planned to land on Ahmet's helmet misses, and Ahmet takes no damage this round.

Lukas's sheet says he's at 13 hit points down from 19 ... I don't know if that's accurate or not.  Lukas, can you tell me if you're stunned?

Ahmet and Sofia can definitely take some action.  Lukas, you can if you're not stunned.

21 comments:

Lukas said...

That hasn't been updated since the last combat where I actually took damage.

Which was before Luneburg. I should have started at full. I apologize for my poor bookeeping.

Unless you would prefer to start from 13, I should be at 15.

Lukas said...

Lukas begins casting sleep.

Alexis said...

Well, we'll have to make sure Lukas takes more damage, so he'll keep better bookkeeping.

"Your standing by days are over, Mr.! You're in it now ... Up To Your Neck! They tell me you're a genius with explosives. START PROVING IT!"

Bonus points if anyone can identify that quote - it's one of my favorite movies.

You're at 15 hp, Lukas, and not stunned.

Lukas said...

I cheated and did a google search. I could have sworn some of that is familiar, I need to add it to the list.

Alexis said...

(OOC: I didn't look it up; I came close, but didn't quite get the exact words)

Ahmet said...

Ahmet tries to return the favor to #2.

Ahmet hits AC 4 and does 8 damage.

Alexis said...

(OOC: Your choice of subtitled free films, here)

Ahmet, that does hit. Does not stun.

Andrej said...

(OOC: Name escapes me, but I'm thinking Gregory Peck. I could Google it, I suppose, but that'd be cheating.)

d20: 16.

Failed by one measly point.

Alexis said...

That will mean Andrej slides into 1013.

Andrej said...

Can Sofia stand in Andrej's hex to prevent him from falling further? She's got enough movement counting just six hexes.

Alexis said...

Sofia?

Ahmet said...

(OOC: We might be in a wee bit of trouble.)

Andrej said...

Yes, Sofia. Did I miss something? She's in hex 1514 and I thought was OK to move/ act this round.

Alexis said...

Yes, I was asking what she did. You and I posted in the same moment and I missed your comment about moving. Note, 11:06.

Andrej isn't going to fall any further unless he's hit. She could reach down for him, to help him out ... but it won't stop the archers from hitting you, and it will expose her to attack (a + modifier). It's your call.

Lukas said...

Hopefully next volley they will be a diminished threat.

Andrej said...

Got it. In that case, maybe she will attack this round. Before I decide, how do you rule the monk's ability to dodge arrows? Is this a free defensive action? Do I need to reserve movement points? Do I need to forgo an attack? If so, before or after she dodges?

Alexis said...

I treat it as a free defensive action, taking place in the opponent's turn.

Andrej said...

Sofia steps up to 1215, next to Lukas, and draws and throws a dagger @ #1.

she hits AC 10 for 3 dmg

Lukas, next round Sofia will step up and out from you to help defend while you cast.

Lukas said...

Hopefully after next turn I'll only have to worry about the guys with maces...

Alexis said...

That's a miss.

Two rounds today, not bad. Pick this up tomorrow.

Alexis said...

The next round is up.