Thursday, July 19, 2012

The Tarn

As the party begins to move towards Klaas' side of the tower, they see a large eagle-like bird, some 50 feet away, beat its way up through the air even with the tower's crown.  Mounted on the bird is a man in leather armor, helmeted, with shield; he has a short bow strung over his back.

"AROUSE YOURSELVES YOU BASTARDS!" he shouts, just as he hoves into view.  "THERE'S A BATTLE ON, OR HAVEN'T YOU BEEN -"

At this point he will seem to notice that something is amiss; he doesn't recognize the party, or the livery their wearing.  At once he draws back on the reins of the bird, and begins to pull up and away from the tower.

144 comments:

Ahmet said...

Ahmet fully loads his crossbow (requiring one more round) and orders Klaas (whose crossbow was fully loaded) to fire at the man.

Lukas, do you want to roll?

Lukas said...

Sure why not..

d20: 3

Maybe that's why not

Alexis said...

The range for Lukas is medium. Don't forget to permanently delete that dart, Lukas.

Klaas is much chagrined; when you finished tying up the last of the prisoners, he loosened the string on the crossbow to 2/3rds ... like Ahmet, he too has to finish loading it before he can fire.

Andrej said...

Can I throw a mace?

Alexis said...

I'll have to leave a little time between your throwing a dart and "checking the platform supports" ... let me find out what Andrej and possibly Janos is doing. We haven't heard from Janos this week I think.

Alexis said...

The distance is 60' now Andrej, so ... um ... no.

Ahmet said...

(OOC: "Uh, we had a slight weapons malfunction, but uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?")

Andrej said...

"Dammit to Hell! Quickly, let's be off before they return!" I think twice about the bundle of flails in my arms then drop them with a clatter, drawing once more my trusty old footman's mace, which I have just named Zealot.

Alexis said...

(OOC: Ahmet is hit by a tiny piece of Alderaan that has fallen out of space, and thus suffers 1 point of damage.

No Star Wars!)

Alexis said...

Before the party can let loose with crossbows, I need a d6; Ahmet can roll it.

Andrej said...

(OOC: Wrrawrrrrghawrrrgh!)

Ahmet said...

(OOC: Surely any "No Star Wars" rule only applies to the prequels!)

Well, I dunno if I wanted high or low, but I randbetween'd a 6.

Lukas said...

That was for Klaas Alexis, as far as I know I'm nowhere near the eagle man, though I guess I would have heard the strange person shouting.

Lukas said...

No, if I saw that, I probably would have cast magic missile, or sleep or something else. Sleep would have been hilarious.

Andrej said...

(OOC: Still waiting to see how "tarn" is worked in here...)

Ahmet said...

(OOC: I'm assuming it's the bird.)

Andrej said...

(OOC: Ah, didn't realize that could be a bird... I was thinking those lakes that glaciers make.)

Alexis said...

(OOC: You try to produced a blog which informs players about what things are, but no one listens, no one reads ... oh, woe is me.

A Tarn)

Ahmet, the rider also rolled a 6. (took me about a minute to realize randbetween'd meant the result and not the perameters you'd used). The bird pulls its wings in and drops like a stone for the ground. You and Klaas can roll to hit at -2 to hit.

Lukas, please roll for Klaas.

Ahmet said...

Do we get a bonus for two objects occupying the same hex? :)

Ahmet fires:

To hit: 14 (-2) = 12

Damage: 2D6+2 (I think?) = 10

Alexis said...

Klaas was not able to roll, so that's where I got confused, Lukas. Permit me a moment, still - you would not actually be down the ladder yet.

Lukas said...

D20: 4

Alexis said...

You have no idea for sure if you hit or not, Ahmet. Looked more like a miss than a hit, but it was awfully close; would depend on the defender's dexterity.

At present the bird is 120 feet below you, buffeting its wings to make a landing.

Andrej said...

(OOC: Ah, yes. Gorn is one of those things that got by me in my formative years.)

Is anybody else ready to high-tail it out of here?

Alexis said...

Lukas sticks his head below the level of the Tower's crown and sees four dwarves below climbing up from the hole in the wall to the bottom of the stairs leading around the interior of the tower. It looks to be Batath, Erdina, Ermeth and Kushi ... they do not seem to be joined by any others.

Alexis said...

(OOC: upon reflection, Ahmet has a definite point; it IS two objects occupying the same hex ... which would mean that missing by 2 would hit the tarn and not the rider, if aiming for the rider.

This may suggest that if Ahmet did miss the rider, he almost certainly hit the tarn)

Alexis said...

(OOC: by the time I'd read Gor in grade 9, I'd already read Venus in Furs ... so its up in the air how formative Gor was for me. I did like it a lot though)

Ahmet said...

If we simply run away, we really didn't accomplish anything other than take the Stinger out of commission for a few rounds. But I don't know what else we can do. So frustrating.

Andrej said...

Agreed in the sense that I was hoping for a more definitive blow, but the dice were not with us. But each time this thing was not fired was time, momentum and lives bought for our side.

That said, maybe the dwarves can figure this thing out. Bad sign there's only four of them.

I look over the dwarves and give them each a questioning glance. "Where are the rest?"

Lukas said...

Lukas waves down to them, "We've been spotted from above and don't know what to do to this blasted arcane contraption up here without killing ourselves!"

Andrej said...

(OOC: I'm getting quite the education today. Here I thought it was just a Velvet Underground song )

Alexis said...

Reminder that the dwarves are 80 feet below the party, if they are only climbing onto the stairs way down where they reached almost to the hole in the tower wall.

Batath gets to the tower stairs first, and appears to be ready to take out an axe and chop off the lowest ten feet of them.

Alexis said...

(OOC: Do not underestimate Lou Reed)

Alexis said...

(OOC: which is to say, nothing is "just" a velvet underground song ... heh heh)

Andrej said...

Batath's readiness is sign enough for me. I say we get outta here and do what we can to collapse the stairs. Gentlemen?

Ahmet said...

Ahmet puts away his crossbow, draws his pick ax, and heads for the exit.

Alexis said...

Ruling that the party is grabbing what they need to get down the stairs, this taking about three rounds, the dwarves below are doing the opposite ... as they all get to where Batath is, Batath and Kushi together start to dismantle the stairs below them, to make it more difficult to get down. This will take them about ten rounds.

Meanwhile, Ermeth and Erdina begin to climb their way up towards the party.

Andrej said...

You mean they're dismantling the stairs we're trying to use to get down? Things are apparently even worse than we thought. I prod Ermeth and Erdina for a brief but complete explanation of what has happened to them since we last saw them.

Alexis said...

They are in fact attempting to dismantle the same stairs you are trying to get down.

Reminder: Erdina and Ermeth are still 60 feet below you at the time when Ahmet, Andrej and Klaas (with Janos behind, presumably) get down below the tower crown. You cannot prod them or ask what has happened - you have to shout down at them.

In any case, you hear the sound of dogs approaching.

BIG dogs.

Andrej said...

OK. I shout down "What the fuck are you crazy dwarves doing?"

Ahmet said...

I'm a little confused...

Are Erdina and Ermeth chopping at stairs below them (like climbing up into the treehouse and pulling the ladder up after you) or at the stairs above them (like Jack trying to cut down the beanstalk?)

Andrej said...

Treehouse was my take on it.

Alexis said...

Ahmet,

It is made a little confusing by the fact that you've named the wrong two dwarves who are chopping at the stairs (its Batath and Kushi), but yes, they are trying TO CUT OUT THE STAIRS BELOW THEM.

They climbed up to a certain point, and when they were all HIGHER than that point, they started to destroy the stairs BELOW them.

One more time?

Alexis said...

Ermeth looks up, sees Andrej, recognizes him. "IS IT SAFE UP THERE?" he shouts.

Lukas said...

Good question actually, because if they're going up they are probably fleeing dogs, if they are staying down, they're either sacrificing themselves or have switched sides...

Lukas said...

Lukas looks down and hears the barking, "Not for long!"

Alexis said...

The party appears to have forgotten that the stairs in the side of the tower wall, where the dwarves went, was quite a lot lower than the start of the tower stairs. The tower stairs do not go to the bottom of the tower. They do not even reach down to the door the dwarves went through. Remember that the party had to climb up on spikes to that door, and then further up to the tower stairs.

Alexis said...

Ah, I am sorry, I made a terrible error -

The sound of dogs is approaching from BELOW you, not above.

The dogs are approaching from the direction of the dwarves.

Lukas said...

Lukas begins heading downwards to get about 60' from the ground.

Alexis said...

A dog's head appears in 4' by 2' doorway below the dwarves.

The dog's head FILLS the doorway.

Lukas said...

On the bright side, there's only one so far, and it isn't leaking fire...

Alexis said...

From the sound, there's probably more than one.

Lukas said...

Well I meant head per beast, but I guess I need to start being more specific when it comes to my good news.

Alexis said...

And I have to be more specific when I am identifying the direction of sound. Sorry, fellas.

Ahmet said...

Unless one of you thinks this is a bad idea, Ahmet takes Klaas and returns to the stinger room at the top of the tower. My thought being 1) if we're making a stand here, that's a good place to do it; 2) we don't want Mr. Green et. al. waking up and getting free while we're talking to the dwarves; and 3) we can keep firing crossbow bolts at the Tarn rider if he returns.

Unless you guys think we'll be better served staying here?

Lukas said...

Well, we're out of our league now. We're going to be pincered by whatever force is dropping fireballs out there. AKA we should be looking for escape, not pinning ourselves at the top of the tower. We aren't 'making a stand' we are getting murdered by an army of ghouls standing by or escaping.

Ahmet said...

If we can take out the stairs, they won't be able to reach us... right?

Lukas said...

Stinger has roughly 12 super fireballs in it with a much greater range than a fireball.

so lets see, fireball is a 3rd level spell... I would expend up to 6 3rd level spells getting it back. How many fireballs can you take against a flying mage?

Furthermore, how many ghouls can form a wreathing undead ramp like the dwarves?

I think we're in very big trouble.

Ahmet said...

Could be worse... could be raining.

(rumble of thunder)

Andrej said...

Alexis, tell us again where the door to the bishop's apartments is in relation to: the lower stairs that the dwarves are dismantling, the stairs that we are currently and the spikes that we climbed up to get here.

Alexis said...

You do not know for sure that the door was for the Bishop's apartments, but ...

Below the Tower's Crown there is a spiral staircase/ramp which leads down to about 35' above the floor of the tower. Below that is the doorway where the creature's head just appeared. 25' below that doorway is the floor of the tower. There's a door there, that leads to a flight of stairs. Halfway down that flight of stairs is the door which you think leads to the Bishop's Apartments.

Ahmet said...

Seeing no objection, Ahmet and Klaas return to the Stinger room to keep an eye on the prisoners and any incoming Tarn-riders.

Alexis said...

The dwarves Batath and Kushi back off when the head appears. The creature squeezes through the door - it's a worg! - and reaches up for the stairs. It gets one paw on them, and the stairs give way, dumping the bottom ten feet, plus the worg, into the bottom of the tower.

The creature gets up, apparently unhurt.

A second head, another worg, appears in the doorway.

Andrej said...

So the net result is that there is at least 10' of empty space between us and the worgs and the dwarves are on the same set of stairs as we are? the first worg, though, is furhter down having fallen to the tower floor?

Sorry Ahmet, meant to say good idea for now and no objections.

Alexis said...

As the bottom of the stairs have fallen, now, torn off by the worg, there's about 20' of space between the worg in the door and the bottom of the stairs. Yes, the dwarves are on the same stairs as you. Ermeth and Erdina are just now reaching a point where they can talk to Lukas.

Here's what they can tell; the main force of the dwarves fought a number of men whom they caught unexpectedly; there was some quick successful fighting, but that was followed by them getting severely damaged by a group of crossbowmen. Palt and Ganzor were killed.

Frith had worked out a way to get into the far tower, when the party was attacked by six worgs - these broke the party apart. Frith and most of the others are in the wall under the Northwest Tower; the smaller party consisted of these four plus Seth and Nerga - these two fought a delaying action, allowing the four to escape ... but Ermeth is fairly certain both Seth and Nerga - lovers as it turned out - are certainly dead.

The four who are here are all suffering fairly poorly from the day's events. They hope there's time to catch their breaths and heal.

Andrej said...

Six worgs attacked, two are below. Do the dwarves know where the other four are?

Alexis said...

At least one is dead; the other three are somewhere in the corridor that runs the length of the curtain wall between the NW and NE Towers; these four do not know if Frith and that group were able to kill any others or not.

Andrej said...

The corridor is inside the curtain wall, yes? And the dwarves are in this wall, in this corridor under the tower we're currently in (northeast)? Or are Frith and the others in the wall below the other tower (which I thought was the northwest).

Alexis said...

You are in the NE tower.

According to Ermeth, yes, the corridor runs through the curtain wall. He guesses that if Frith and the others survived, they are right now working their way up through the Northwest tower, to take out the other stinger.

That was their plan before the worgs attacked.

Alexis said...

Ahmet,

Things are unchanged on the top of the tower; none of the men are getting loose - they still seem to be unconscious.

If you do not, Klaas looks over the side and reports that apparently there are a group of men converging on the tarn. They seem to be attaching a long rope to it's leg.

Lukas said...

So in summary, we're in between the top of the tower and a worg in the first doorway we can reach. And, if we manage to get to the floor, there's now a worg down there too.

So... we're stuck up here unless we want to try exiting over the side of the tower or tempting fate with the worgs.

Andrej said...

Got it. Sorry if that was belaboring things, I just wanted to make sure I was clear on it all.

So Lukas and Janos it looks to me that our options are try to hold this tower and let these dwarves rest a bit or fight our way through the two (and maybe five) worgs below, abandoning the attack and Frith's group.

Lukas said...

"Do you know how we can disable or use the stinger by chance? We don't know a thing about dismantling it and we don't want to leave it intact here."

Ahmet said...

Ahmet begins loading his crossbow and instructs Klaas to do the same.

Andrej said...

Unless we're going to make a break for it, and I vote no on that, let's get the dwarves up to at least the catwalk just below the tower crown where they can catch their breath; maybe have them look at the stinger.

Somebody should probably keep an eye on the worgs and the stairway now (the dwarf who is most wounded?), but I suspect our immediate attention is going to be upon the tower crown and whatever the tarn rider has planned.

I make my way to the tower crown.

Alexis said...

The dwarves have no more conception of the Stinger than you have.

(OOC: listen, I hate the bring this up; the party is probably well aware, and are deliberately avoiding the subject for fear that I am 'railroading' ... but you know, there IS another option)

Ahmet said...

(OOC: Surrender?)

Andrej said...

(OOC: I admit, I'm at a loss. Run or stay and fight, what's the other option?)

Alexis said...

Ahmet finds himself staring at the door above the Stinger.

Ahmet said...

Ah... perhaps both Stingers get ammo from the same ammo room, and the other doorway Lukas found is the way into the other tower?

Ahmet said...

It is not in fact a doorway, as far as you can tell - it is only a discontinuity in the wall. it has no depth, and thus you cannot reach your arm into anything - but there is definitely a shape corresponding to the SIZE of a door.

In actual fact, you cannot feel it with your hands ... the best description would be that you "feel" it with your eyes.


Or maybe not. Hrm.

Lukas said...

My stance on that room is it is a very BAD idea to get cornered in a room without features. One: no escape, Two: one fireball/cloudkill/explosion = death, Three: it doesn't seem any tactically better than where we are now.

That's why I haven't considered that option.

Ahmet said...

If we can figure out a way to get from this tower to that tower, I think it's the way to go.

Plus on the way out we could all work together to roll a metal ball over the edge... which would likely destroy the Stinger, the tower, and our pursuers.

Lukas said...

Maybe, and maybe it will cause a chain reaction with the gateway to the plane we'll be in and we'll be stuck in a box...

Alexis said...

Lukas makes a fair argument. I should add, however, that his mage would be aware that virtually every such door in existence is 99.99% likely to be a gate and not a trap.

Lukas said...

A: I was not aware that the 'door' was in all likelyhood a gate.

B: I was referring to dropping the positively charged ball from the plane of positivity into the negatively charged construct without rearming resulting in a negative energy flare up doing something horrible to the positive energy gate.

I didn't think the door frame shaped thing was a trap. More some side effect of the gate on the reverse wall.

Ahmet said...

Dropping the ball would be the last thing we do, after affirming we can indeed use the ammo room to jump to someplace else... if we drop it at all. (Although I would like to take out that Stinger.)

But if we can jump through that portal, so could someone else. So get your asses in here and cover the door while we shoot down this bird!

Lukas said...

Alright, Lukas will head up the stairs, climb into the gate again and start trying to manipulate the 'door'.

He will try and push on it, slide it left, right, up and down, and touch it all over looking for a handle.

Andrej said...

"Maybe also try just walking through it, Lukas." I shout from the tower crown, having followed the magic user up the stairway.

Alexis said...

The dwarves will join Andrej.

Lukas, the only door that you can manipulate is the one that would close the portal facing the Stinger. As I said before, the space opposite the door is the SIZE of the door, but does not appear to be a door.

Klaas will report that the Tarn is taking off, and is dragging a string of six men attached to a rope hanging from the tarn's leg.

Klaas readies his crossbow, looking for a good shot.

Lukas said...

The closed door? I've gone through the gate and am investigating 'the impression.' As far as I can tell it's a closed door.

Lukas said...

Lukas will peer around and shrug. The least he could do is try and barricade this door closed if they were set on getting trapped up here.

He'll peek his head out and speak to the others. "If we're dead set on being stuck up here you might as well get in here where we can try to barricade the door inside."

Lukas said...

Sorry, my first post was to Andrej, the second is in response to Alexis

Andrej said...

Yes, I was saying try walking through the impression.

Ahmet said...

Question: What would happen if Klaas and/or Ahmet does enough damage to stun the Tarn while it is in flight?

Andrej said...

I'm lighting a torch and prepping my last oil flask.

Ahmet said...

Ahmet fires his heavy crossbow at the Tarn when it is close enough that he has no penalty to hit it, unless that's going to take four or more rounds (unlikely), in which case he fires now so he can reload and fire again before it gets here.

Lukas said...

So, my suspicion is that closing the door to the stinger opens the other door. I really don't want to open an airlock to who-knows-what alone.

Ahmet said...

Ooh... I like that theory.

Alexis said...

The tarn would not plummet if it were stunned in flight. It's wings would sustain it; but it would flop a bit, and lose momentum, and possibly glide towards the ground, always moving away from the attack.

Alexis said...

Ahmet & Lukas,

There is a roof to this tower; it was described at the beginning. The tarn will ascend at medium distance until it climbs high enough in the air that the roof is between you and the tarn. At this point it will begin to descend, with the purpose of dropping its load of men on the roof above you.

Ahmet said...

What's the penalty if we fire now... -2?

Alexis said...

Yes, -2

Ahmet said...

Ahmet fires at the Tarn (or its hex, anyway). Die, bird, die!

To hit: 15 (-2) = 13
Damage: 9

Lukas, do you want to roll for Klaas? Maybe your dice have warmed up since yesterday -- I hope you've been sitting on them. :)

Alexis said...

Ahmet, you miss the bird; but the rider seems to waver a bit in the seat ... unfortunately, though, the bird continues to beat for the sky.

Lukas said...

Klaas
To hit: 14 (-2) = 12
Damage: 7

Nope, I find the physical bruises are a bit more lasting than the metaphysical ones.

Alexis said...

The bird will be hidden and out of range before you're able to fire again.

I suppose that is the weekend. We'll try again Monday.

Ahmet said...

Gentlemen... prepare for boarders.

Alexis said...

(OOC: Gentlemen ... I shall see if there's something I can do with this later today ... right now, pretty busy)

Andrej said...

(OOC: I'm ready when you are, jefe)

Lukas said...

So, if you folks are going to stand and fight, should I test the door without you and hope there aren't defenses on the other side AND that the door can open again?

Andrej said...

Lukas, I'm all for running but I'd say you check the "door" and if it works and the way is clear we should consider using it. But if it isn't a door, doesn't work or leads to someplace worse than this, at least we've got a foot still on this side.

That said, if Andrej is able to prep a torch and his last oil flask as stated above, he then hops up onto the machine to be the go-between and possibly cover any retreat from either of our sides.

Lukas said...

Ok, so here's the situation, I think this room in an interdimensional airlock.
There's a big door I can close that closes off the gateway to the stinger side.
I think if I close that door, it will open the 'impression door' on the other side, but will block me off from anyone on the tower.

Alexis said...

I'm getting a little confused with what the party plans to do.

Let me start by saying that you hear the sound of feet landing on the roof. How they will get down from there, you're not certain; there seems to be no trap in the roof that you can see. This doesn't mean they can't make one, or possibly swing in from the sides on ropes.

I will need to know, clearly, without further conjecture, where each person in the party is right now.

If you're not on the floor of the Tower's Crown, I am good with saying you're inside the tower. If you're in the Cross-Dimensional room, I'm satisfied with that. Otherwise, please indicate the hex you're in.

Ermeth is in 0605; Erdina in 0704; Batath is in 0304; Kushi is in 0406. All the dwarves are stunned stupid at the machine and the floating door.

Lukas said...

Lukas is in the interdimensional room, near the open door gesticulating at his allies with his head only through the opening.

Andrej said...

Andrej is standing upon the machine at hex 0404. He has a lit torch in one hand and an oil flask in the other. He yells at the dwarves to stop gawking and get ready.

I trust Lukas's instincts and will follow him through the door but won't leave the party behind to do so. From hex 0404 I will either support the battle on the roof or cover our retreat should Ahmet, Janos and the dwarves also choose to follow Lukas. Ahmet? Janos?

Alexis said...

I am beginning to despair Janos will answer this blog again. I'll move forward when I hear from Ahmet.

Lukas said...

Also, if we're going to hold our ground here, I don't see why defending the door wouldn't be better, they would have to akwardly stand on the stinger to engage us...

Alexis said...

(OOC: Lukas, I don't need to tell you to be careful about that door, do I?)

Lukas said...

(OOC: I think we should play hot potato with a bag of holding through it myself, but I figure if people can go through it, then the only real concern is magic going through it.)

Ahmet said...

Ahmet (and Klaas) were looking out the window at the Tarn -- let's say Ahmet was at 0804 and Klaas was at 0805.

However, once they fired their crossbows and it was clear they could not reload in time, Ahmet falls back toward Andrej and the machine -- as close to the door as possible, as it seems to be our means of escape -- and orders Klaas to stick with him.

Alexis said...

Then my next question is this:

Do you want me to take the next step with the coming attack - or do you wish to use the 36 seconds you have left taking some other action.

PLEASE NOTE:

There is no more time for lengthy discussion. You have approximately 3 rounds of action to do something.

Batath will leap onto the machine, and through the door next to Lukas.

Ahmet said...

Ahmet intends to be the last one through the door, but positions himself to be as close as possible to it. He orders Klaas to go through and stick with Lukas.

Once everyone else is through, Ahmet steps through the doorway as well.

Ahmet said...

(In other words, if everyone else ends this turn inside the doorway, Ahmet will end this turn inside the doorway as well)

Alexis said...

Klaas, being a simple-minded and somewhat cowardly fellow, trusts Ahmet and scrambles for the cross-dimensional room.

Andrej?

Andrej said...

Action remains as stated above. I'm covering the retreat from hex 0404 on the machine. As I've got the lit torch and the flask ready to throw and I'm already positioned below the door, hopefully Ahmet sees the logic in Andrej being the last one through. If not, "Now, you cursed Turk, get through the door before its you I set afire!"

János said...

Janos stands in 0304 for the moment. I think, however, that retreating into the cross-dimensional door might be the most reasonable course of action. I'm not sure how much of a beating we can stand to take...

Andrej said...

The "cursed turk" bit goes double for Janos, get in here you lug!

János said...

(OOC: My apologies, fellas; sometimes it seems as though I don't have nearly as much free time as I think.)

I should have added that I think the dwarves should retreat into the machine before Ahmet and Janos, if retreating is indeed our plan.

Andrej said...

(OOC: It's cool Janos, hopefully things free up more for you in the upcoming days.)

Alexis, you mentioned Batath was through, are the other dwarves still on the tower crown?

Ahmet said...

Ahmet grudgingly sees the logic in Andrej's blaze of glory and goes in.

Andrej said...

(OOC: The only thing I intend to see blaze is the first poor bastard that climbs down from the roof. Lacking that, I'm lighting this thing and dropping it at my feet as I climb through the door)

Ahmet said...

(OOC: Well, perhaps there's something to be gained if they enter the room and find it empty, rather than see you heading through the dimensional door...)

Andrej said...

(OOC: Fair point, and I agree. I neglected to make clear that my first intention was to be through the door at my own first opportunity, not wait here if I didn't have to)

Alexis said...

Please assume the other dwarves are climbing up and through the door.

Alexis said...

At this point, presume EVERYONE is inside the door, Andrej being the last to go.

I'd like to say you could hear the loading of crossbows on the roof, but with all the ambient noise of the battle below, probably not.

Nevertheless, like a platoon, six men swing around on ropes with crossbows, landing upon the tower crown at 0203, 0206, 0506, 0805, 0702 and 0401. Two of these fail dexterity checks and fire into the floor as they fall (no friendly fire occurs).

The two who land where the party can see land beautifully ... but because of the difficulty of this move, I am giving the party initiative.

Action?

Lukas said...

Lukas moves to close the door after everyone gets in.

Alexis said...

The door is closed.

It promptly degrades to where it is similar to the "door like" shape that is on the opposite wall, while the former door-like shape forms into a door.

Lukas said...

When everyone is ready, let's open the next door.

Ahmet said...

Ready.

János said...

Ready as we'll ever be.

Lukas said...

Ok, so do you want ME to open the door? Or shall we have Ahmet or someone wearing armor open it?

Andrej said...

I step forward, handing my torch and flask to Lukas with a smile. I open the door.

Alexis said...

This campaign will be continued on the next post ... which I shall write and put up as soon as possible.

Alexis said...

It is up now.