Monday, May 28, 2012

The Tower, Round 1

In the image below, the fellow in the pink-and-purple jersey leaps down from the ladder - which he's ascended and descended for years - and lands with a thud on the narrow catwalk.  He looks scared - but determined - and advances no closer to the party.

The party can hear the movement of others up above, and the shouting to "HAUL!" goes on.


The party can take whatever action it deems necessary.

24 comments:

Lukas said...

Lukas will chuck a dart. They've been called out, so it's time to go...

D20: 20 (17 + 3)
D3: 2

Ahmet said...

Ahmet advances one hex and turns to face the Flailman, and beckons him to engage with a flick of his scimitar.

Alexis said...

Janos? Andrej?

Lukas, could you roll another 2d6 for Klaas to see if he fires? If you roll an "8" or better, roll a d20 to see if he hits. Damage is 2d6+2.

Ahmet said...

I think I know the answer, but just to confirm -- he can't hit me with a flail from one hex away, as with a polearm? One of us will have to enter the next hex to actually engage?

Lukas said...

Morale 2d6: 8
D20: 8
2d6: 14

Nice one Klaas, save the killing blow for an obvious miss.

Alexis said...

Ahmet,

You're correct there. The flail isn't long enough.

(OOC: hilarious, Lukas)

János said...

Could Janos try to throw one of his axes past Andrej and Ahmet, since we're on a curved walkway?

If so, Janos sheathes his bastard sword, draws a hand axe, and tosses it at the flailman.

d20: 14
1d6: 5

Alexis said...

Perfectly fine to throw your axe; that hits, causing 5 damage. The artillerist (for that's what he is) seems unfazed.

Janos and Lukas, could you both roll a d8 for your axe and dart? There's a chance they will bound off and fall into the bottom of the tower.

I only await Andrej.

Lukas said...

D8: 6

Ahmet said...

Come on, priest!

János said...

d8: 8

Andrej said...

(OOC: Sorry guys, just got back from a long, relaxing weekend in the mountains. I'll be in and out today while we get re-settled, then back in full swing tomorrow.)

Andrej follows Ahmet up the stair, oil flask at the ready but not yet lit. "Take him Ahmet, we can't afford to be clogged up here on the stairs!"

Alexis said...

Both objects are on the catwalk under the feet of the enemy.

(OOC: If everyone is cool, we can try this combat without putting up a new post every round. By my calculation, Ahmet and the artillerist are 2 hexes apart).

So consider the 2nd round (and everyone's second move) to begin HERE.

Lukas, you and the artillerist are still technically simultaneous ... though he moves before Ahmet. Could Lukas please roll a d6 to determine if you move before he does; everyone else moves AFTER he does, as he won initiative against them in the first round.

Ahmet, he will advance and attack; chances are that unless Lukas throws enough natural 20s to do quadruple damage, he won't be stunned before he attacks you.

In any case, he rolls and attacks with his flail ... getting a 7 and missing.

Alexis said...

So please, may I have the following:

1) Lukas, roll a d6 for initiative.
2) Ahmet, go ahead and attack if you wish.
3) the party may assume Klaas is reloading the crossbow (1st round of doing so).
4) Andrej, Janos and Lukas to take action for the second round.

Lukas said...

I did not roll a natural 20, I added 3 for dex and darts.

d6: 4

Lukas said...

Lukas for his second round, will grab another dart and throw it.

d20: 16 (13+3)
D3: 1

Lukas said...

For fall
D8: 7

Ahmet said...

Ahmet swings...

To hit: 15
Damage: 10

Alexis said...

(OOC: Yes, Lukas, I saw that).

Lukas has initiative. The 1 damage is recorded. (technically, this puts Lukas one move ahead of every other combatant - he's the first to move in every round. The way we'll manage it here is to allow Lukas another move before I post up round 3 ... so go ahead and move again, Lukas - though it won't apply until after everyone else has gone)

A staggering amount of damage from Ahmet ... the artillerist falls back a hex, rolls against his dexterity and does NOT topple off the catwalk.

Holding for Andrej and Janos ... then I shall throw up a new map and a new post for round 3.

János said...

Janos draws his second axe and throws it at the artillerist. Then he steps forward one hex to follow Andrej and Ahmet.

d20: 14
d6: 5

d8: 8

(OOC: Woah... déjà vu.)

Andrej said...

Alexis, can Andrej see anything beyond the artillerist and upon the tower roof? He called out, does anybody seem to be answering his summons?

Lukas said...

Lukas will again throw another dart.

D20: 22 (19+3)
D3: 3


D8: 3

Alexis said...

(OOC: seems to take longer and longer before I can get the morning hammered down so I can get here)

Andrej,

I don't see where you called out - I only see where you urged Ahmet on.

Janos,

You stun the fellow again. He's still on his feet; he manages not to fall from the walkway. He staggers back against the ladder (which extends at about a 45 degree angel, so he is partway laying on it).

I'll be putting up the next post with the third round on it; remember that although Lukas got another go, the rest of you must wait for the enemy to take action. This fellow, stunned, will not do much, but he has friends ...

Alexis said...

The next post is up.