Monday, April 16, 2012

Kobalds Round 12: Ahmet Gets a Visit from the Smack Fairy


As Ahmet and Andrej climb the stairs, the dwarves reorganize themselves.  Palt climbs to the top of the pyramid, and Warth clears the bottom of the stairs for freer movement.  None of the dwarves are able to attack this round (only Lukas and Ahmet were able to see any kobalds).

The kobalds will fight back.

The bowmen all reload.  Those two on the yellow level will be moving back up the stairs.  The kobald swordsmen will rush forward.

Palt will be attacked by one kobald, who succeeds in hitting him for 2 damage.  Palt is not stunned.

Ahmet finds himself surrounded by 8 kobald attackers:


The two in 3008 and 3109 both gain a +1 bonus for flanking him.  Ahmet is missed by them, then hit by the kobald in 3208 in the orange and brown jersey, and takes 3 damage.  Then Ahmet proceeds to have a bad day:  he's hit by both kobalds in 3107, and the right kobald in 3209 scores a natural 20 for double damage.  He takes, in order, 2 damage, then 4 damage, then 6 damage ... I think the last one might have stunned him (if Ahmet has 24 hit points or less after taking the first three of four hits.  I have it that Ahmet has taken 29 damage since the start of this.

Ahmet being stunned, he is driven back down the stairs, bypassed by Andrej and more or less caught by Warth, all the way down to 2909.  Two kobalds do move into the hex at 3108, so Andrej will have to attack from his place on the stairs.

The kobalds finish their attack and the party can move.

15 comments:

Andrej said...

Ouch!

Andrej attacks the kobold to his left (with the checked jersey):

to hit: 19
dmg: 8

Alexis said...

FYI:

You're first view of this post may not have included the additional pic I've added showing Ahmet's position just before being attacked.

I shall have to occasionally add these images just to keep the combat (particularly the kobald attacks) more clear.

Alexis said...

Andrej, that will hit the orange kobald - and will stun him ... but it doesn't kill. You can move into the hex if you so wish. Palt will be attacking and moving into hex 3008 at the same time.

Alexis said...

I should have put a little red marker on Ahmet - but we can remember he's stunned, right?

Please confirm your present hit points, Ahmet. It would be good to know.

Andrej said...

Yes, thank you. I forgot to add, Andrej steps into hex 3108. Also, 43 current hit points for Andrej.

Andrej said...

(OOC: You guys may think I'm crazy or not paying attention by stepping into the same hex Ahmet just got pounded from, but I am intent on not letting these guys bog us down and willing to be surrounded and hit for a round to try and break through and allow the dwarves and Ahmet, once ready, to engage. If we had better cover from the bow fire I'd willingly hold a bottleneck against these guys but don't see the advantage of doing it here.)

Lukas said...

Lukas chucks a dart at the leftmost archer kobold on the far hut. The melee troops can deal with the close opponents, he might be able to break up the back line...

D20: 15 (15+2 - 2? range)
D3: 2

Ahmet said...

Just doing the math here... is it 15 damage?

Andrej said...

Sound thinking Lukas. Either that or I'm just appreciative for one less arrow for Andrej's ass.

Ahmet said...

If I added correctly, I'm now at 2 HP. Eep!

Lukas said...

(OOC: I can't remember medium range penalty off hand, I thought I wrote it down, but I don't have my book on hand. Do either of you chaps recall for further notice?)

Andrej said...

(OOC: -2 is the medium range penalty from the PHBK, I believe this is also Alexis's)

Alexis said...

Total 15 damage, yes Ahmet - assessed against your total hit points for stunning.

Lukas, you have the right modifiers - and you do hit. The 2 damage does not kill the kobald, but does stun it this round.

I will get the next map up when I get a chance, which won't be for at least an hour. Thanks guys.

Andrej said...

Ahmet, you have healing salves you can use, don't forget. I'm tapped out of healing magic.

Alexis said...

Ahmet hears Ermeth say that Zoft is casting a spell in Ahmet's favour - and that Ahmet should move back to receive it.

But Ahmet can't make a move on this thread. I am getting the next thread going (with interruptions aplenty)