Friday, March 30, 2012

Kobalds Round 5: Warth Falls Back



The Dwarves attack for the rest of round 4.

Warth misses TWICE, again (batting .167), causing no damage.  He remains in place.  Pushing forward will only expose him further.

Ermeth moves into position behind Warth, and throws his axe at 2811.  He rolls a 20, double damage, causing six damage, killing the kobald.  Erdina follows Ermeth up the stairs.

Zoft moves away from Palt and throws a hammer at the right kobald in 2415.  He misses with a 9, and it ends up on the bastion.

Batath climbs halfway up, and Culf and Seth form a pyramid for Palt.   Mega moves towards it.  Frith, in turn, climbs up Kushi, up Vala and onto the edge of the battlement.

Nerga does the same on Aruth's shoulders - just in time to put his hand in a pool of oil burning from Andrej's flask.  Nerga takes one damage from that - but will be able to climb into hex 2911 next round.

The kobalds fight back.

Two bowmen loose into Batath, and two into Palt.  The last kobald, the one that survived being burnt, moves to attack Frith.  Palt is missed by the +2 bonus causes the arrow to hit Seth for 1 damage.  Seth is not stunned.  The tough kobald hits Frith for 4 damage - Frith is not stunned.

The two bowmen atop the nearest hut loose into the pile below Nerga - and both manage to miss that pile.  The two on the hut beyond Warth loose into Ahmet and Ermeth, respectively, missing both.  The two bowmen in 3008 (note the floor is covered yellow there, indicating that level is 12 feet above the orange level) are loading this round.

Ahmet is attacked by the fairly tough kobald in 2610 - surprisingly adept, Ahmet finds, as it manages to hit AC 4 (the blow landing on Ahmet's well placed shield, I believe - I think Ahmet is AC 3).  Warth is hit twice this round - he's hit hard, for 4 damage, then for 4 damage again.  The second hit stuns Warth, and he staggers backwards onto the stairway.  The three kobalds swarm forward (if the opponents are stunned, there is no penalty to movement - I will HAVE to write that post someday), taking advantage.

That completes Round 4.

For Round 5 actions:

Ahmet, Ermeth will be attacking upwards while Warth continues to stumble down the stairs into Erdina's arm.  Ahmet has the choice of attacking ONCE against 2610, or TWICE against 2710 - the kobalds in 2710 are less defensible.  Ahmet cannot attack the tough kobald and a weak kobald.  Whichever he decides, he will spend two movement points attacking.  I don't think you're going to run, but it is an option to jump down the slope and avoid taking damage if you make a dex check (1d4 damage if you fail).

Lukas, your sleep spell is ready.  It will affect those in concentric circles radiating outwards from your position; you are able to move 1 hex in any direction before you cast.  If you move into the hex with Worter, Andrej or the others, you risk being bumped and the spell ruined before you discharge it.  You can choose not to discharge it this round, but hold it until next round.

Andrej, no suggested options at this time.



27 comments:

Alexis said...

(OOC: Damn, I love the way battle looks)

Ahmet said...

(Looks great! Love these big set piece battles!)

Am I attacking uphill for 2610? It looks like we are at the same elevation?

Alexis said...

You're both on an orange hex, so you are both on the same flat ground.

Andrej said...

(Also love the big battles with lots of foes)

Cursing, Andrej drops the torch (0MP) readies his unstrapped shield (1 MP) and draws his footman's mace (2 MP).

Lukas said...

If I move to 3014, can I see the guy at 2811? Also can I hit 2415 from there? It's 12 feet up and 30 ft across. My max range is 40.

Regardless, I want to step to 3014, and hit all the visible kobolds in range.

Andrej said...

(OOC: So glad you're now getting a chance to drop that sleep spell Lukas)

Lukas said...

My roll of 4d4 totals 11 HD maximum effected. Saving throws vs magic granted to creatures with 5 or more HD to negate the effect.

Lukas said...

I figure 5 rounds of not being pelted with arrows might be useful for our dwarven companions.

Ahmet said...

By the way, I believe my AC is 2... plate and large shield.

Ahmet will swing at Mr. Red and White, and is happy to be able to his Strength bonus to hit and damage!

To hit: 17

Damage: 10

Alexis said...

Lukas can get 10 of the kobalds - all he can see.

He can't see 2811, nor 2610; but he can see those on the hut, and all those on the battlement. They all crash into sleep (marked with a green circle).

Alexis said...

Ahmet, that will kill Mr. Red-and-White.

Lukas, that will be green circles when I get the next round up (not visible now).

Andrej said...

Well done to both of you!

Lukas said...

Of coarse Alexis. Now to figure out how to be useful for the rest of the fight.

Ahmet said...

Oops. Sorry, buddy! I was just trying to say hello.

Ah, I see. I read this:

Ahmet, Ermeth will be attacking upwards while Warth continues to stumble down the stairs into Erdina's arm.

As:

Ahmet (and) Ermeth will be attacking upwards

Got it now.

Lukas said...

Maybe I should push up towards Warth and apply healing salve at this point...

Alexis said...

Several of the dwarves at the bottom not involved in scaling have healing salves. You can see Ganzor readying one.

Alexis said...

(OOC: Hello all,

I wish I could explain the situation I am in with regards to my normal daily activity at this point; I simply haven't the time to sit and design the necessary battle maps from round to round; I might get an ordinary blog post up today, but I don't see it being possible - perhaps for the whole of this week, the way things are going - to create any combat today. Things are hopelessly disorganized and there is a great deal of uninformated executive meddling involved.

Please be patient. I shall stay in contact day by day, and we shall continue. I am sincerely enjoying the combat, even on-line, and I certainly don't wish to end it.

One thing more: in retrospect, I am astounded at the amount of ground we've been able to cover in these last six months of running online. It has been considerable, when you think about it)

Ahmet said...

No problem. We'll be waiting. :)

Andrej said...

Alexis, this might actually be well-timed... tomorrow and Wednesday were going to be very bad for me this week anyway. I'll check in later today and as I can until Thursday when I should be back to normal. If we don't get much done this week we'll just pick it up when we can, no worries.

Lukas said...

Alrighty, See you then.

Alexis said...

(OOC: Thank you all. You guys are patient and terrific.

You won't believe this, but I haven't actually had a chance to read these replies until this morning. I literally did not rise above the surface until right about now.

The good news is I was spurned to buy the first new bed and mattress I've bought in 14 years. With all this I was convinced I need to sleep better at night)

Lukas said...

(OOC: Our new matress was amazing to get. We both already had learned the value of good sleep when we officially moved in together. Got an expensive one, but it's VERY nice to have a nice mattress.)

Alexis said...

(OOC: Everyone enjoying the break? I promise - we shall return to things. But we all need an Easter too, no?)

Andrej said...

(OOC: I'm back to a normal routine today and ready to play if you guys are. Should be available most of the week, with the exception of tomorrow (Tuesday). Hope all had a nice weekend and Easter if you celebrate it.)

Lukas said...

(OOC: Sick, but around. I'll do my best to check in periodically.)

Ahmet said...

(OOC: Present and accounted for. However, just an FYI -- I will not be available on Friday.)

Alexis said...

(OOC: I am sorry for going AWOL, fellas. My easter weekend is still ongoing. For my sanity, I took monday off as well.

Andrej, take your day tomorrow; Ahmet, take your day Friday. And Lukas, get better. All of you, have faith; I'll get back on this horse forthwith. Probably put up the next round tomorrow, and it can get done as Andrej finds the time Wednesday.)