Monday, April 26, 2010

Robur's House

Thursday, June 12, 1650

Bringing the carriage back to the house, the party finds an area of soft loam a fair distance from the building, overlooking a small creek. The road, previously unmentioned, continues on, passing over the creek on a flat wooden bridge.

There is little else to say.  The party should take care to manage all the details for whatever they wish to do here, and then indicate where they will go next.

12 comments:

Alexis said...

I don’t know if you had planned to erect a marker over the grave. I would presume you wished to conceal everything that was associated with the soldiers.

In that case, no mention has been made of what to do with the horses. There were four of them - but you saw only two by the house where you were here before, and there is only one, now. The other three have wandered off.

Avel said...

I think a mass grave, with each body wrapped individually in a sheet or clothes, will be the easiest arrangement. Once I've dug the hole and placed the bodies in, I do intend to mark the site. Unless Andrej counsels strongly against it, and lacking the capacity to actually write something, I'll fashion five crude crosses from scrap wood and plant them in a row at the head of the grave.

Alexis said...

I had meant to ask if you had any intentions regarding the owlbear.

Andrej said...

I don't beelive concealing the scene would matter much. It is Andrej's belief that the soldiers were called here by Robur and that their activities would have been known by somebody. I'd rather not spend the time and be in a position to later seem as if we were hiding something that could rather easily be deduced or discovered anyway. Avel's intentions regarding the grave seem fine with me. Andrej and Emmanuel will assist in the manual labor and Andrej will preside over the ceremonial aspect of the deed. we should decide whether to take the bottle with us or leave it on the grave site for others to deal with.

As far as the horses, I thought that we should replace our roan with a horse from here. Provided the horse here is fit enough to pull the carriage (Andrej hopes to use his skills as an animal handler in sorting this out, Alexis) we should do so. While Delfig turning himself in changes things, I still think it wise for us to proceed carefully and avoid delay and detection.

As for the loot from Robur's house, here I am conflicted. On one hand, if not us somebody else will come along and loot this place. The gold and coins I dont' care much about, but I suspect the written journals could have some value. Of course, they might be spellbooks... but they also might hold clues to what actually happened here. If we take it though, they might be more trouble than they are worth. Avel, what do you think we should do?

While Avel considers this and responds, Andrej will cas detect magic on all the items we collected from Robur's.

Alexis said...

Two of the three books that Avel found under the bed emit a radiance of magic.

Emmanuel will set about harnessing the horse, changing it up - and using the creek for a water source in order to wash down the side of the horse (it was left with blood stains, as described from before). I am not certain that the party has ever bought a brush for a horse, or even conceived of such a thing. If there is one, Emmanuel will use it fleetingly.

Andrej said...

We do not have a brush, unless one was provided with the carriage. I'll await taking further action until Avel has a chnace to respond to my post, and for now will enjoy following the other thread. :)

Avel said...

Unfortunately neither of us is literate. If there were a way to leave a note saying 'we took your things, contact us here,' I'd be more comfortable. Is there anything distinguishing that we can leave? Maybe Hornrung's seal?

Alexis said...

It would take anyone a great deal of time to identify the seal, since it's unlikely that hereabouts anyone knows Hornung. Moreover, you would likely need the seal, if later on at the gatehouse you begin organizing things, someone investigates and you haven't got it.

You could make an impression of the seal - if you wish.

Andrej said...

Hmmm... now that I think about it, let's just leave the mundane loot including coins and be done with that. We should decide, though, on the bottle and the books. I vote we take all four and get on the road, crossing the creek and heading (I believe) west. If you're in agreement, Avel, let's be off.

Avel said...

I agree. Leave the money, bring the books and anything that detects as magical.

Andrej said...

In that case, let's be off

Alexis said...

Next Post.