Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Sundown, Zug

Saturday, May 31, 1650

Following a winding road out of the principal Alps, the party descends some hundreds of feet along the river valley.  Much of the afternoon is taken with following the edge of an immense, beautiful lake on the west.  Later you will climb out of that valley, then into another where, before nightfall, nine o'clock, you'll finally reach the little town of Zug, upon Lake Zug, below a small mountain rising 1,500 ft. above the town.  A sign on the road pointing at the mountain designates it 'The Zugerberg.'

Zug has a wall, and will cost 5 c.p. each to enter if the party wishes to find a bed for the night; the animals will also cost 5 c.p.  An inn room will be a s.p. each, and stabling for each animal 2 s.p. each.  Travel gets expensive.

Andrej, the party will need to eat a pound and a half of food each, though they might choose to buy food at the Inn (the cost is listed on the Zurich Innkeeper's table (from the file sent last night).  Tomorrow, Sunday, will be a market day, if people would like to buy goods here in Zug, where most everything on the list will be available.  It will take a half day to travel to Zurich, so it would be possible to travel there and still enjoy the market day.
Buying in Zug or Zurich will cost the party half a day's travel.

12 comments:

Avel said...

(OOC - sorry for my complete lack of posting yesterday, guys. I was called in to work immediately after my class, and since I work as a waiter couldn't get to a computer. Good on you Andrej for getting Serafina off her fence!)

Avel said...

I don't have to buy anything. Are we okay on food?

Delfig Kôlhupfer said...

I will pay for the animals passage and stabling, as well as my own room for the evening.

I would like to inquire as to the most direct, safest route back to Dachau among any German merchant travelers at the inn or to the barkeep. If he (or none) know the way, I'll ask who should I talk to.

Alexis said...

Zug is quite connected with the rest of the world; you can be quite certain at this point that you are out of the 'wilderness.' Zug is surrounded by intensive farming, and there are plenty of merchants to speak to.

You determine that the quickest, safest route would be Zug through Zurich to Constance (where you will take a ferry across a narrows of Lake Constance), then the north lake road to Buchhorn, the road to Augsburg and thence to Dachau.

Andrej said...

(OOC:rough day at work on this end).

Will deduct food for today (7.5 lbs. total) unless somebody prefers to eat at the inn. Let me know. I can also afford the toll and the night's lodgings (thanks for covering the animals Delfig).

I'd like to take advantage of the market day but propose we travel 1/2 day to Zurich unless Delfig finds us another way home. I'd like us to sell the Lombard helmet and I assume Zurich is bigger so might have more potential buyers.

Delfig Kôlhupfer said...

No objections here, and yes, we can head to Zurich. You deserve to sell that helmet and get a nice reward. You earned it!

Alexis said...

(OOC: At this point I am uncertain ... make the party wait day by day through the grueling prospect of travel - the cruel, plodding way - or recognize the Altdorf puzzle took six days to solve and that things should be moved along to the next challenge. Opinions?)

Delfig Kôlhupfer said...

(Good question. I like both options! I'd probably go with "move along" but then I've been enjoying going through the country with the feel of travelling.)

Andrej said...

At this point, I think we've done our fair share of taking things day-by-day. It was enjoyable and not plodding. At this point, though, I'd like to close on this chapter and as a party start to sort out what we do next, once Serafina is safely back in Dachau and hopefully happily reunited with Hornung.

Andrej said...

OOC:

"At this point"

I just wanted to type it one more time...

I really have to spend more time reading my posts before I post them.

Alexis said...

(OOC: well, I'd just like to say that well, I'd say that I'm saying well, because, well, I am finding that I am generally posting the word 'well' far too often. Just sayin')

Avel said...

(OOC: I am okay with either approach.)