Thursday, November 12, 2009

Morning, Ulm's East Gate

Thursday, May 15, 1650

You wake the next day, a bit dehydrated from the beer, and find that Jan has already been awake, and has obtained the donkey and packed it without any help from Emmanuel.  The cotter, wishing to feel useful, begins to gather up your things and pack them in your bags, following your instructions and actually being very helpful about it.  But clearly Jan wants to get going.

When pressed, he'll explain that he's spent most of the night fighting off Dietlinde's advances, "Even after we had gone to our rooms, she sought me out," he explains.  This is why he dares spend only one night here; she becomes intolerable any longer.

"She sleeps late," he says.  "Praise the Lord."


If you're all willing to go, you reach Ulm's Gate within the quarter hour.  The city is at the headwaters of the Danube River, the highest point of the river's navigation, 1500 miles from the sea.  From here you turn south towards the Alps ... Jan wants to know if you wish to stop and supply.  If not, you will skirt the walls to find the south road.
_

7 comments:

Andrej said...

"You do our casue a great service, Friar Jan" (winking)

(OOC: My starting funds being what they were I've now got less than a gold piece to my name. Providing that I can continue to get by on the good graces of Jan and his friends along the way, I've no need and no real means to resupply so am ready to skirt the walls for the south road. Otherwise, I may need to get creative and Ulm seems as likely a place to do so)

Andrej said...

(OOC: One other thing, Alexis. I meant to mention in the other thread that I'd like Andrej to heal himself using his cure light wounds before retiring for the evening. In the morning he could then pray to regain his spell. If that's OK I rolled a 7 (1d4+4), more than enough to put me at max. hit points.)

Delfig Kôlhupfer said...

"We are still well with the provisions? Will we need any colder weather clothes as we get closer to the Alps?" I ask Jan.

Alexis said...

(OOC: No problem, Andrej)

Jan will say, "No, we have provisions enough I think, and there's no sense in loading the donkey now when later will be soon enough. As for the cold, we will not need to climb any passes nor leave the lowlands. I have no need to venture into Ulm."

Delfig Kôlhupfer said...

I nod in agreement to Jan's counsel. I continue to try to put together an initial tune outlining Hornung's bravery in Dachau, humming while walking, picking out the rough edges of the tune on my lyre while resting.

Alexis said...

I'm sorry, Delfig, I forgot to answer your question. No, you hear no further word from Augsburg from any of the patrons here.

Delfig Kôlhupfer said...

(OOC - that's a nice picture you found of Ulm - it put my head into the place. I've been finding some Medieval lyre music on YouTube to get my head into space as well.)